Author Topic: Cheney B50.  (Read 3486 times)

firko

Cheney B50.
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:26:18 pm »
Here's a good thing for the bloke who wants an Evo class CCM but can't afford the 10plus K they're going for. This Cheney would be as light or lighter, the engine has all of the goodies including the desired 585cc capacity and looks gorgeous. You couldn't build this bike for under 10k.
FOR SALE
Ad # 3154879   June 20, 2010
Cheney B50 BSA
Cheney framed B50 BSA I was told that this is one of the last if not the last frame kits that Eric built before he passed away.
E&V 585 motor with J&E piston, carrillo rod, mega cycle cam, ported head amal carb, lightened crank,chrome moly push rods,
PVL ignition, all new roller and ball bearing in motor and transmission. Maico forks totally rebuilt and rechromed.
KTM magnesium rear hub and brake. Works shocks with resovoirs. Everything on this BSA has been rebuilt or is brand new
I purchased this bike from the estate of a museum owner and this bike has never been ridden except up and down the street $6700 OBO
       scott grindstaff
aratoga, CA
Phone: 408 426-7788 | Email | Website
Registered Since 3/5/2010 | 5 Posts   

s

SAABCOMBI

Re: Cheney B50.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 01:17:35 pm »
nice bike, is it in Australia mark.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:19 pm »
nice bike, is it in Australia mark.

aratoga, CA

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:59:20 pm »
were any two Cheneys the same, looks like my frame, different swingarm and looks a little odd with long travel suspension out front and monster muff in the back. Be nice to have the motor out of it.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:39:26 pm »
were any two Cheneys the same
That what I was thinking Marc. I'm not overly fussed on the Maico forks long travel thing, but I reckon it'd be a cool alternative to the HLs and CCMs. That 585 engine would be plenty fast enough to knock over most other 4 stroke opposition whether it be British or Japanese. I'd like the engine for my Hindall myself.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:31:22 pm »
I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but you wouldn't want a missus that ugly would you?
K

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:47:49 pm »
I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but you wouldn't want a missus that ugly would you?
K

Actually I find it pretty hideous myself, it kind of misses that pre 74 suspension look and really, the CCM looks like it has developed into an Evo bike as a progression of suspension development, this looks like someone whacked long forks on pre 74 frame.

formerly Marc.com

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »
Have to agree BigK, it is not an attractive bike at all. Victor GP tank (pre70) and what looks to be a faber swingarm with the tall b44 type seat. Looks like a modern "brand" front rim. The only thing that sets it apart from from a pre75 frame looks to be the top rear shock mounts. I doubt Cheney would have left "maico" on the forklegs, even if he did use them. Would be great to have that motor though......wonder if he'll seperate the motor for AU$1500??????
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

firko

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »
The bike seems to be stuck in parallel universes. It's a pre '75 bike trying to be an Evo and almost getting there except for some fugly stuff. I reckon the removal of that ridiculous silencer, a smaller B50 style tank and replacing those modern Excel rims and fat handlebars and it'd look much better. I'm not biased of course but I reckon my Cheney shits on it in the looks department. ;D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:04:49 pm by firko »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:32 am »
Heres one we made earlier. that is more suitably silenced  ;D

I agree with you Mark, that bike is neither fish nor foul, but presently more foul. Swingarm does not have the Eric adjusters of that era, suspension needs to start again and tank need to be given to B44 owner. Less said about the guards seat and lights the better.

I am not bias but my Cheney shits on it in the looks department

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:01:11 pm »
There's no doubt that old Eric started making them plug ugly towards the end. Here's another of tthose ugly JBR things. It'd be so easy to pretty them up but this one needs even more attention than  usual
......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Cheney-BSA-Cheney-BSA-/140420315860?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item20b1b3fad4#v4-42

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »
Hideous, also sure it is a JBR, my JBR is stamped JBR not JE, JE stands for "Just riidng another bike Eric", to celebrate Abergs brief career on a Cheney.
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:47 pm »
 is it a devil bike?
Best is in the West !!

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 07:17:52 am »
There's no doubt that old Eric started making them plug ugly towards the end. Here's another of tthose ugly JBR things. It'd be so easy to pretty them up but this one needs even more attention than  usual

Crusty the clown would'nt look outta place on that thing, maybe people need to sit for a "taste licence" before owning vintage bikes ???