Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7  (Read 35037 times)

Re: Classic Dirt 7
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2010, 08:13:48 pm »

Graeme 'Mr OzVMX' McElligott

Peter Barber toolin'

restin and watchin

quality time with grandkids

quality time up high

even nicer

nasty lookin types - dennis the menace myers, tall boy steve, and glenn vollengroober
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:59:07 pm by Twistandshout »

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »
Fantastic weekend, thanks to VMX ,Sunshine Coast club, flaggies, and all behind the scene people who played a part in providing such a great weekend, Gaz and I had a unreal time 8) Met some absolutely wonderful people. especially Alison and Steve. Heard some very funny stories around the camp fire, saw some excellent riders, beautiful bikes 8) just Brilliant!
It was good to catching up with you again Graeme M, :)

I didn't think anyone got a pic of me on the twin pipe in my get up but Jackie Mac got one. Wish she could have photo-shopped the mid section.

Mid section  :o what mid section ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

TT

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2010, 08:25:50 pm »
I almost forgot! I got to meet the infamous Jackie Mac as well!!!
Just as I was about to leave, but it was a pleasure to have a quick chat all the same.  ;D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2010, 10:03:12 pm »
Hey Twisty, what's with that? I am a bunch of parts at a swapmeet?

Yeah Jackie, good to catch up again. Always nice to have a bit of a yack, and this time you did get a photo of me. Cool. Especially like the way those white Tech 7s stand out. Thanks Tony T for helping me with some extra cred. Cos as I told the guys - white boots make ya go fasterer.

firko

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »
How did Birko end up after his get off? Any reports?

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2010, 11:15:10 pm »
Birko`s a tuff Cookie, ;) Nothing broken, just a bit sore. still cant remember the stack or much of Saturday at all. ???
Couple of CR`s

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2010, 07:44:15 am »
BradoSlav Barrello,

so Cool he pisses Ice Cubes

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2010, 08:06:19 am »
Nice tits. ;D

I wish more riders would dress accordingly. Modern gear with its crap colours and graphics looks way wrong on a vintage bike. It's not as if you can't buy new vintage appropriate stuff too. Metro and plenty of other makers sell good gear.If Jonesy and Jolley can do it, anyone can......

TT

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2010, 08:55:57 am »
I'm with you on that one. In fact, at the Harrow Vinduro I'm sponsoring an award the the most period correct rider/ bike/ tow vehicle/ casual clothes / music played in the car etc etc etc.  ;D

I love how they do it at Goodwood. You're not allowed in the paddock (even as a spectator) if you're not dressed appropriately.

I'm not suggesting we go that far, but I'd like to see the sport go in that direction, particularly at non-competitive events like Classic Dirt.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:23:31 am by Tony T »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:26 am »
Helmets are the big issue for me, why don't they just make 'em plain colours anymore?? Shirts and pants you can get and black boots look ok even if more modern, but helmets with flames and shit just look all wrong to me.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2010, 09:25:02 am »
Your spot on guys with the riding gear thing. To me thats a huge part of the whole vintage thing. I've got some black nylons (pants!) Black AXO boots and some old school gloves (Metro). I even had some Martini shirts made up. Plenty of modern protective gear under it though! Helmets are a worry. I looked around and found something reasonably subdued but Im still not happy with it. Another thing wear a kidney belt (holds ya guts in!) I recckon Tony T's on to something with the recognition thing. Maybe at CD7 people could be encouraged (with free beer)to go for the nostalgia look. Yours truly from the 70's Jerry

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:30 am »
By the way many thanks to everybody that's gone to the trouble of posting some photos. Im sure much appreciated by those who were unable to attend. Thanks again Jerry

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2010, 09:49:28 am »
Looks like a good time was had by all! I'm with eml about the period gear but I'm glad jerry cleared it up about his black pants. I didn't want to think about his lacy black 'smalls'!    I get all keen when i see those great pics showing what looked like a really good vintage friendly scrambles track, and great looking period machinery like that Ducati, but I know what happens when I get the bit between my teeth so there will be no more of me riding other than short circuit I mean dirt track. With the period gear, i still use my original one piece Omodies leathers but I need to cover my old Merrylands colour patch with body armour since I cracked a rib a while back at Nepean.  cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:33 am »
Good call Firko. Shame to see the great Joel Robert a couple of years ago outfitted in hideous new gear when the bike looked period-perfect.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2010, 09:57:17 am »
You have me thinking Wal. What about a prize for anyone game to dress up as the "gimp" and cut a couple of hot laps at CD8. A bit like the Stig. No one knows who it is! Jerry