- SIEGE

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: CL72
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:27:56 am »
Wow, that thing is uber cool Siege. I just now browsed the pics, but I like it. Have to wait till I get to work to read it tho...   ;D

No ummm... sound meters at your tracks?

Soooo.... Cave in the north-west eh? Dunno about that, but I still think you guys have some neat tracks and neater bikes up there. And trophy girls.

We had a trophy girl at one of our races once. Clown forgot to shave his legs, ruined the whole thing.

firko

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:24:47 am »
I've actually got one of these engines sitting forlornly in the shed looking for a home. Maybe it'll fit in the rough old American Eagle frame I've got...... ???
It's funny how the rules differ between countries. The bike would easily fit into our pre 65 but you'd have to change the wheels, forks and shocks and the pit nazis would say something about the Elsinore livery. I think the tank/seat on the old bike shown looks more period cool.

All the little things aside, it's a very cool little bike. Nothing sounds better than those old Honda engines on the howl. Hey Siege...when are you going to pay us a visit matey?

firko

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:33:49 am »
Just having a browse through Sieges cool tees and spotted this shot. Is that Curly from the Three Stooges holding up that Can Am? Or is it Wiltec Shane moonlighting in the great NW with a Can Am?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:36:12 am by firko »

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »
What Can Am Firko ???

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:55 pm »
what are you on about Fiko  ;) no bike or bloke in the pic as per what Ba said.

but those are some pnuematic Boobsicles !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 06:01:46 pm »
That's one beautiful bike, and will sound great too.  There used to be a quick rider from Mount Isa who raced every year in the Nth Qld short circuit titles on a stock CL77.  Had to be a real enthusiast!  Rode the bike all the way in(a long way to the coast), changed the rear tyre, raced, then back on with his road tyre, and rode home.  Best sounding bike ever(no muffler, of course)