Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?  (Read 25619 times)

Ji Gantor

Re: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2010, 07:20:49 am »
Hi Stan,
What a road trip.
Safe driven.

Tight nuts

Ji

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2010, 08:18:21 am »
Leaving today picking up my travelling companion and doing the major driving tomorrow.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2010, 10:32:56 am »
9:00 am just out of Wyalong, pissing down & cold, right at the same time the trucks are hitting the road.

http://yfrog.com/20gkmkj

Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »
No special guest this year?

Quote from Suzuki Aust Site  8)
http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/news/events/suzuki-vmx-classic-dirt-7.html
At CD6, the lineup of Legends was sensational.  Anthony Gunter, Stephen Gall, Mark Pace, Peter Ploen, Geoff Ballard, Laurie Alderton, Glen Bell, Andrew Bailey, Matt Daley, Phil Eldridge, Geoff Udy……..and on it went!  You can expect a few new faces for CD7 as well, so come prepared to see them all in action during the Legends Laps, after lunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

PB20

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2010, 05:56:13 pm »
Should be great! Leaving Sydney tomorrow, wonder what the top speed of the Maui campervan will be.  ;D

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:09 pm »
yep, just gearing up for the drive, should take about 30 minutes or so :D

see you all there, dont forget just look for the Big W store on the cnr of Honda Ave and you might find me ;D

Cheers Worms
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:42:39 pm by worms »

firko

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »
Just in from the shed after a marathon 10hr shift, a tad pissed off by the fact that despite all good intentions, the Cheney won't be a runner. All of the cables are wrong except for the standard Yamaha clutch cable, the kickstarter fouls the footpeg and the Rickman rear brake pedal that I thought was a goer also fouls the footpeg. That's the thing with these hot rod bikes, everything needs to be made...it's a suck it and see situation. Seeing I'd put so much time into it to get it finished, I'll take her anyway and put her on display. We leave at 8am so I better pack the bags and hit the fart sack. See you all on Friday........

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 09:44:19 pm »
Like many of you, I've just come in from loading up and finishing bike prep and about to hit the sack. 6 AM start tomorrow from Canberra, should be there Friday lunchtime. Safe travelling to all.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »
To all you lucky people who are going have a good one ,Sorry i'm not gonna make it this year so Lord of the Dance (mainline) go easy on that bottle of Stones that the 40 Year Old Virgin (YZ250H) brings Sgt Vandy should keep them inline . I'm forking spewing i'm not going as Ted reckons he is gonna ride the Queen !! .Someone get some pics of that please . Hey Hoony ,Bahnsy says he has room to bring home Firko's GPZ fairing for me  .Safe trip to everyone .Hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:36 pm »
Toothbrush to go.
5.30am start to beat the city traffic and catch the bird east at 9.30am.
To those not going, I know how you feel  :'(  as this is our first CD7 and I've missed the last six.  :(
Thinking of you all at this time of a the great meca VMX gathering.  8)
Have a great weekend wherever you are.  :-*
cheers S&A WA
Best is in the West !!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:40 am »
Hey Hilly,
your missing out bigtime champ!
my older brother won't be there this time round so the Sgt part of my personality can have a rest. ;)
Mainlines been giggling down the phone already :D ::)
mumbling something about 12volt lathes and a 10pm curfew...
i don't know what he's on about.....
"flat bickie"

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:14 am »
Good luck guys and girls,
Im gutted im not going to be there this year wish I could of flown in, but sadly no go to many things on  plus the doctor has told me no riding for a while not allowed to have too many blows to the head ( he must of seen me ride ;D ;D)

Hope you all have fun and all get pissed for me.

Cheers
Fatboy

PB20

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2010, 06:23:59 am »
No special guest this year?

Quote from Suzuki Aust Site  8)
http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/news/events/suzuki-vmx-classic-dirt-7.html
At CD6, the lineup of Legends was sensational.  Anthony Gunter, Stephen Gall, Mark Pace, Peter Ploen, Geoff Ballard, Laurie Alderton, Glen Bell, Andrew Bailey, Matt Daley, Phil Eldridge, Geoff Udy……..and on it went!  You can expect a few new faces for CD7 as well, so come prepared to see them all in action during the Legends Laps, after lunch on both Saturday and Sunday.
cheers

Will Porky be there again this year?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2010, 07:58:08 am »
Anybody want a pom and a kiwi....cant keep em out of my shed, building some TS/TM replica racer  to take......there wearing T shirts and it's 5 degrees...11.30 at night and I want to go to bed!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:23 am »
To all you lucky people who are going have a good one ,Sorry i'm not gonna make it this year so Lord of the Dance (mainline) go easy on that bottle of Stones that the 40 Year Old Virgin (YZ250H) brings Sgt Vandy should keep them inline . I'm forking spewing i'm not going as Ted reckons he is gonna ride the Queen !! .Someone get some pics of that please . Hey Hoony ,Bahnsy says he has room to bring home Firko's GPZ fairing for me  .Safe trip to everyone .Hilly

will Do Holeshot Hilly. off to clarkies then airport Now.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)