Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?  (Read 25645 times)

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2010, 09:52:54 am »
No, that is absolutely not correct.  In exceptional circumstances, where an '86 model of a certain brand is the same as the pre '85 model then I've said OK.  But as a blanket rule, are pre '90s allowed to be ridden, the answer is no.  That will change as time goes on but at present it is a pre '85 event only.

Regards

Ken

PB20

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2010, 10:28:48 pm »
Sorry, but there's absolutely no dogs permitted on site, as per MA/MQ rules for any event.

Regards

Ken

Thanks

Offline 490 tez

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:11 am »
can i bring a pre 85 dog ??????????? he is cute!!!!!
big bore two strokes rock!!!!!!!!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:50 pm »
Bike leaves my place for Macca's tomorrow, then the long Haul to Banana land on Wednesday morning. i leave Thursday ! 8)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 03:47:12 pm »

Sorry, that is one rule we just can't bend or break.  No dogs are allowed at CD7.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 07:49:20 pm »
Ajay / Ken, as I guess there won't be an eftpos machine at the track, who should cheques be made out to? Got to extract the $'s (cheque) from the boss.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2010, 07:53:16 pm »

Sorry, that is one rule we just can't bend or break.  No dogs are allowed at CD7.

But I'm gonna be there with a British Bulldog... is that ok  ;)   ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:53 pm »
Nope.  :P

Actually, I must admit that this evening is the first time that I have had the chance to get a bit excited about the upcoming CD7.  :o

We set ourselves the fairly difficult task of getting the new issue out before CD7 and as a consequence, things have been a little hectic at VMX land.  Today, we mailed out the new issue, and it's a bit like a weight being lifted from the shoulders, adn we're now in CD7 mode.... bring it on! ;D

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 05:43:44 am »

I will leave the missus at home!

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2010, 07:06:08 am »

I will leave the missus at home!

I hope for your sake that she doesn't read internet forums...  :o  Your leave pass may be revoked.  :'(

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2010, 09:20:27 am »
No doubt Ken and I may be starting to sound a bit like the "Fun Police" regarding what you can't do at CD7 - but unfortunately, there have to be a few rules that make the event work for everyone. ;D

So, at the expense of again being a killjoy, I need to let everyone know one more important information item.... ::)

PLEASE do not try to turn up at CD7 any earlier than 7.30am on Friday morning.  General admission and camping entry to the venue will not be possible any earlier than that.

So, if you are travelling from a distance and are likely to arrive sometime late Thursday, you will need to work out a place to stay on Thursday night, other than at the Conondale venue itself.  There will be no exceptions to this rule.  If this is a problem, we suggest you retime your trip to arrive sometime on Friday morning.  Conodale is a large venue and there are three camping areas, so there should be plenty of room for all.  ;)

Ji Gantor

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2010, 09:25:07 am »
That's not what happened last year.
People were camping on the grounds on Thursday.

Ji

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2010, 09:33:27 am »
 ??? ??? ???

We are not interested in what may or may not have happened last year.  ::)

To clarify:  Event organisers, workers and sponsors have access on Thursday (as they should).  Some do camp on Thursday night which is actually a necessity as they have to be there first thing on Friday.  ::)

But for the General Admission and Camping, do NOT arrive before Friday morning.  :)  No exceptions will be made.

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »
One more sleep and I'm on the road tomorrow.

I'm now starting to remember all those little things :o.................................

See you there

Brent

3 hours.....that's my call when you are three hours into your drive when you remember something you forgot!

Brad, I've always found the time you realize you've forgotten something is proportional to and distance you have to travel. ie I found the bikes had no side stands and I had forgotten the work stands just after Tennant Creek.
The older I get, the faster I was

STW996

« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »
Ken and Ajay, many thanks for all your time posting the concerns people have, but if everybody would just visit the VMX mag site all these questions have been answered for the past 12 months ;)

Just a little foot note, have been up today fitting the new Wiltec access bridge accross the creek to open up some more space for campers over the back.

Will post some shots on the ning site for anyone interested.

Count down is now below weeks and offically days :D :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:56:32 pm by STW996 »