Author Topic: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?  (Read 25647 times)

Ji Gantor

Re: Classic Dirt 7 – Are You Ready?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 03:44:55 pm »
I hear you brother.

Ji

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »
I'm 100% ready.... :'(
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

oldfart

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 04:13:12 pm »
Bikes are ready  :) :)    just need to source a bike trailer.     Ji-  will you be conducting welding seminars at CD7 ;D ;D

Ji Gantor

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 04:17:27 pm »
Nope.
But I will probably need a baseball bat if I do.

Ji

STW996

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 04:18:41 pm »
VMX42 Brad will have me done hands down.

But we do have at last count 80 square meters of quick shade 12 Honda's and our old mate Brett from Brisbane Motorcycles transport again.

The chained off are will be in action to keep then blow ins from Worms racing at bay.

Hoony hope you know we have reserved a spot for you old mate if you want.

We will be located in Wiltec central again

10 paces from the food van and 8 paces from the bar!!!!!!

The offical count down is on.

We will be up at the track Friday week installing the new club bridge so those wishing to camp in the back area can access the main land without getting your feet wet ;D

I will post some picture of the layout next week to start wetting the appetite

Shane

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:51 pm »
After tight negations with my major sponsor for the event LBR. I have a pair of shiny 77 KTM’s a 250 and 400. I have also acquired the services KTM dealer supremo Mark (Turbo) Turner to act as my pit bitch and fettle any mechanical needs should they arise.

The LBR boys are deciding which of the 495’s to bring is the fastest. Hopefully the 390 special will be finished in time as well.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Ji Gantor

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 04:51:04 pm »
Hopefully its the one with a YZ front end

Ji

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »
Bike wise one and a half to go in preperation
Shit. I have one and a half prepped  ::)
I have the mega trailer this time around which holds eleven. Then I can put a couple on the truck. Another four in the other trailer.
Umm... has anyone got some room on their trailer for a couple of bikes. Oh I'm such a joker.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 06:00:33 pm »
You'll have to arrive Thursday night to make sure you've got them all unloaded by Friday afternoon Brad  ;D ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

firko

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 06:29:31 pm »
The Suzukis are ready but the Cheney is still an engineless, wheelless hulk after dismantling her to polish the frame which turned out to be a 5 day job. It'll be right though. The good news is that the blenders done and the Magoorita party will be full on in the Kevlar Kompound on Saturday night. A new mirror ball has been purchased after last years unfortunate soccer practice incident and I believe Husky Havens dancefloor is being polished as we speak.
The king prawns will be picked up in  Ballina on the way up and a new Chili recipe will make its debut. The new recipe is the winner of the 2010 Catalina Island Chili Cookoff....the Monaco GP of Chili Cookoffs.
Last years amazing Klub Kevlar recipe was the 1977 winner and it's taken a long time for a better recipe to come along.We'll also be brewing up a big pot of curry and boiled rice to manufacture your own curried prawns and rice.
Bikewise  Chippy's sure to have his 50 Maicos, Phippsys bringing some pre '65 tackle plus my old '84 SC500 Maico, Jonesys debuting the 405 American Eagle and leaving Black Betty at home for the first time since CD1. He'll also bring the blue Metisse and Cheney Matchless. Bernie's bringing the 490 Maico, 465 Yamaha IT and our PE400Z. Franks bringing his new pre 65 NSU Sportmax powered Greeves, Jakes bringing his lovely YZs and there'll be shitloads more, I know I've forgotten someone or two.
This year we've also got an accomodation compound with a wagon train of rental caravans to aid our beauty sleep..................this'll be fun.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:49:41 pm by firko »

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 06:31:15 pm »
My last job is to repack the muffler on my TM125, load up and start driving on Monday. Three more sleeps :)
The older I get, the faster I was

Ji Gantor

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 06:34:39 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you this time Brent.

Ji

Offline brent j

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:40 pm »
Definately Ji

A lot of others too

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 07:21:16 pm »
Are you bringing the TM as well as the 500 Brent? I'll have to get you to take the RM125 for a run and see what you think of the suspension. I have no idea about that stuff, as long as it goes up and down sort of OK I am happy...

Offline brent j

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 07:27:41 pm »
Yup, I'm bringing both Graeme.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of both of them, comparing the TM to yours and the 500 to what you've had.
As good as I think my suspension my be I've had nothing to compare it to so I'll be after feed back from as may riders as possible.

Looking forward to finally meeting you

Bernt