Author Topic: Who Won The State of Origin Last Night  (Read 11927 times)

Ji Gantor

Who Won The State of Origin Last Night
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:12 am »
So Who Won the State of Origin last night?

Ji

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who Won The State of Origin Last Night
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:00 am »
Was there a football game somewhere last night? I don't think many people noticed…  ???
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:22:15 am »
So Who Won the State of Origin last night?

Ji

The NRL was the big winner ;) ;D (Another great game with 68,000 paying customers, broadcast to 90 countries etc etc).

Oh, and the Queenslanders went home happier than the Blues  :-[ :'(.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:26 am »
who cares?

Ji Gantor

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
Oh did Queensland win?

Oh dear another New South Wales loss.

So all 90 countries got to see the Queenslanders win in three D, good on them.

Ji

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »
Im from Victoria home of the salary cap cheats and just don't rate rugby as a sport. That aside I watched some of it last night trying to fathom why people do actually enjoy it. As usual I still reckon it's crap but a couple of things intrigue me. Can you throw the ball forward a little bit (or is that just the TV doing that?) and are the scrums now just token scrums. Was there a change in the scrummage thing because of neck injuries or something like that?Cheers Jerry

Ji Gantor

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »
Well Jerry no you are not allowed to forward pass but there was plenty of that happening last night on both sides. I think the problem is that the refs are in different position now than before and that makes it hard for them to pick a forward pass. The side line judges inform the ref if he sees it or there is time.

The scrums are a joke now. They feed the ball in behind the front line. No need for a hooker anymore.

Ji

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »
No need for prostitutes in rugby. Interesting. Do they have high class ones for Union? Jerry

mx250

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:46 pm »
Do they have high class ones for Union? Jerry
No, Union is the amateur form of the sport ::) ;D.

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 01:41:04 pm »
But isn't union played by those that have been to private school? Surely they can afford prostitutes! Jerry

Ji Gantor

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 01:42:14 pm »
Yeah but they call them trophy wives

Ji

Offline jerry

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:44:22 pm »
Aha thank for the heads up.Jerry

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 01:45:21 pm »
The league players are very cost effective, they get 12 of them in the room with one girl.

One more and it could be the entire team!!

Sorry, he was busy taking a dump in the hallway…
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Ji Gantor

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 01:49:12 pm »
Hay Commissioner Gordon,
Don't worry about the salery cap thingy.
Scotty Prince was accused of receiving a $450 000.00 home for free that breached the cap.
I have not seen any more about that one.
I am sure they are all doing it.

Ji

mx250

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 01:59:00 pm »
Well Jerry no you are not allowed to forward pass but there was plenty of that happening last night on both sides.
I can't say I saw one blatant forward pass last night. Some pretty close but that's the nature of the professional game; it's a game of cm's ;). You must remember the rule is the ball must leave the hands backwards which means if the player is running forward the ball will also be going forward and continue going forward even if it is passed sidewards.

I think the problem is that the refs are in different position now than before and that makes it hard for them to pick a forward pass. The side line judges inform the ref if he sees it or there is time.
Did you see the ref have now got sponsorship from OPSM ;D. True. Absolutely true. And 'about bloody time' goes up the chorus :D.

The scrums are a joke now. They feed the ball in behind the front line. No need for a hooker anymore.

Yeah, as a schoolboy front row forward (League and Union) it's sad to see. They use to be a great contest for the ball, I use to absolutely love 'em. But being tall and having developed a knack, I could pack down and come in over the top of my opposite number and 1 in 3 times I would bow his back. Well they could push against me and my straight back from that moment. I've seen my opposite number with both feet off the ground and 100 stone on my side pushing against 100 stone on his side  - how I didn't break someone back I've got no idea (and ditto to me because I had my back bowed a few times as well - but never feet off the ground bowed 8).  And that's before any 'collapse of the scrum' awkwardness.

And that's why the rule is the half 'puts the ball in' - no striking for the ball (although it does happen about once a season), pushing the other side off the ball (although it does happen about once a season), and no packing the scrum to intimidate the other side.