Author Topic: FAMOUS PEOPLE  (Read 34029 times)

firko

Re: FAMOUS PEOPLE
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 07:55:25 am »
If that's Ron Wood, he looks like shit.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2010, 07:57:24 am »
Thats because he smokes shit!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

DR

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2010, 08:03:14 am »
somehow I don't think it's from smoking shit Davey ::)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2010, 03:26:20 pm »
somehow I don't think it's from smoking shit Davey ::)

Booze and Nose candy i reckon. rumour has it stones will tour Oz in 2011-12. that will be their 50th year. they are past their peak but still a great act. wish i was old enough to see them in 73'  but i have seen every oz tour since.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2010, 04:39:54 pm »
kooyong tennis center

firko

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2010, 05:15:16 pm »
I saw the Stones in 1965 or at the Manufacturers Pavillion at Sydney Showground, when Brian Jones was still in the band. My parents had bought me tickets for my birthday and it was my first real date with a girl. Roy Orbison was the support act and they booed him throughout his whole show and then the chicks screamed right through the 45 minute Stones gig so all I remember was the girls (including my date) screaming their lungs out.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2010, 05:25:48 pm »
I saw the Stones in 1965 or at the Manufacturers Pavillion at Sydney Showground, when Brian Jones was still in the band. My parents had bought me tickets for my birthday and it was my first real date with a girl. Roy Orbison was the support act and they booed him throughout his whole show and then the chicks screamed right through the 45 minute Stones gig so all I remember was the girls (including my date) screaming their lungs out.

Everyday I read this forum I get a laugh  ;D ,,but this one takes the cake...  ;D
I can only imagine a scared boy on his first date surrounded by girls screaming there lungs out. Enough to put you off girls for life  :D   :D 
Glad you survived Firko   :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2010, 05:26:21 pm »
If the stones come to town in 2011 Firko could take Bindy
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49:09 pm »
kooyong tennis center

did you see that gig paul?

i have stones bootlegs from late 60's through to around 2002 (including some of the gigs i went to) also have Zeppelin , 150 + Springsteen Boots (now there's a live act that can't be beat)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

firko

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
Springsteen Boots (now there's a live act that can't be beat)
Hoony....I've seen two live shows that left me breathless. Number one was Bruce Springsteen at the Roxy in Hollywood in December 1975. They recorded the gig and if you've ever heard his live version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, you can hear my then girlfriend do a "whoooee" in the audience. The gig lasted nearly 4 hours and I've never seen a harder worker on stage before or since.
The other show that blew me away was about a year later, Warren Zevon at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, CA. I'd never heard of him before the gig so was dragged along by friends, not really knowing what to expect. This was the showcase tour to promote his first album and he had a kick arse band including Jim Keltner on drums and session great Waddy Wachtel on guitar. Zevon was a piano paying equivalent to Springsteen as far as his ability to capture his audience. A week later Wherewolves of London hit the charts and he was a star. I saw him do a one man show at the Bridge Hotel in Rozelle, Sydney back in the early 90s and he'd lost nothing except his health. He had prostate cancer (I think) and eventually died from it a few years ago. Brilliant songwriter.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »
Hoony....I've seen two live shows that left me breathless. Number one was Bruce Springsteen at the Roxy in Hollywood in December 1975. They recorded the gig and if you've ever heard his live version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, you can hear my then girlfriend do a "whoooee" in the audience. The gig lasted nearly 4 hours and I've never seen a harder worker on stage before or since.

I have a boot at the Roxy 1975 titled "The Roxy Road" 17th Oct 1975 (night 2 of a 4 night stand). but he didn't do "santa Claus" till later in that tour around Nov. i can copy this "Complete" 2 cd boot and give it to you at CD7. one of my fav's of that era is "Rosalita"

if you are refering to the 1978 "darkness" tour, they did indeed record the gig and the live tracks ended up on the 1975-1985 offical live album.

i went through a compulsive obsessive Springsteen collection phase back in 1996, nearly every live gig he has done from 1970 to today is available in some form. 80%of them in shit sound (awesome gigs though) the 20% is what's good to collect.

Check this out,
http://www.brucebase.org.uk/1975list.htm
http://www.brucebase.org.uk/gig1975.htm#59
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:30:44 pm by Hoony »
1986 Honda CR250RG

firko

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 11:08:21 pm »
he didn't do "santa Claus" till later in that tour around Nov
Must've been November....I remember it was around Christmas. still a good gig. Rosalita and Thunder Road are my two favourite Springsteen songs. ;D

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2010, 06:13:52 pm »
I forgot this one, I went on a harbour cruise and the late Ted Mulry was on the after a few beers I proped him and asked if he ever remembered playing at the 'Coach House(nee Blood house) ' in Cowra circa 76-77? Bugger me he could just about remember everything about it even down to the concrete octapus in the pool. Ted was a genuine nice bloke and even took the ribbing about him making a comeback with a 'dance' remix of Jump in my Car pretty well. I also asked him if he ever listened to Roy and HG on JJJ, he had never heard of them but I said the standard for a song was 'Is it as good as Jump in my Car?" by Ted Mulry.He got a good laugh out of that. I dunno if I had anything to do with it but he was the 'lead role' in Roy and HG's sitcom 'The Life of Ian' with Lisa Forrest and Paul Sirronen(it was that serious) ;D Nice bloke RIP Ted. 
Jesus only loves two strokes

maxvmx

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »
Every day my friend and I take time out to go for a lunch time walk. The walk is a very pleasant stroll by the Swan river in Perth. A few days ago we noticed a few goverment limos parked in a car park by the fore shore. We didn't think much of it untill we passed close by and saw a grey haired man talking to some elderly folk ahead of us - my mate said "thats Kevin Rudd" I thought surely not! low and behold  - it was, he finished his chat with them and then came over to us. I was beside myself! he was very pleasant to talk to and a really nice guy, I shook his hand and introduced myself to him. Anyway - long story short, nothing like what I thought!!

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2010, 08:00:16 am »
I forgot this one, I went on a harbour cruise and the late Ted Mulry was on the after a few beers I proped him and [...]

Nice bloke RIP Ted. 
Lozza, just to back that up - a woman I work with was friendly Ted during his heyday and says he was absolutely the absolutely nicest human being on the planet. 35 years on she hasn't forgotten him at all.