Author Topic: Yamaha RD 350 road racer questions.  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
Yamaha RD 350 road racer questions.
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:41:05 am »
G`day all,
              sorry this is not relating to a vintage dirt bike but a vintage road racer.

A freind has just shown me a bike he purchased from a freind of his that has had this bike since new, its prefix is 3M3 which shows up as a RD 250 G. This bike is a 350cc from the factory and was supplied ready to race complete with a bladder tank, race pipes, mag wheels, full fairing, bellmouth carbys, no airfilters just mesh, race pegs and a lot of individual race bike parts.

The tank on this bike is a fibreglass cover that goes over the bladder tank to make it look like the tank.

The question from my mate is do any of you guys have any knowledge on these things as he hasn`t been able to find out any details about this bike, it`s a smart looking roadracer that`s for sure.

Thanks in advance for any info given.  Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Yamaha RD 350 road racer questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:12:50 am »
Sounds like a bitsa in a TZ frame to me, it was common to put earlier RD350 top ends on RD250E-G's as the cranks were the same. There were a lot of aftermarket frame makers for TZ's and RD engines simply bolt in it could well be one of those, I nearly had a Bimota TZ but someone else arrived before I could get there to buy it.
Some pics would be helpful RD's have been a long term passion of mine having owned over twenty of them at various stages.

Look here...

http://www.tz350.net/homepage.htm
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:42:01 am »
Thanks cyclegod, i will go and take some photos and email them to you. Would you be able to post them up for me .  Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:10 pm »
Good advice, CG. Once the details are published on the tz350.com website the reality will settle with a crash. Unfortunately there's a lot of "factory" stuff around, but none of it has ever included a bladder tank... :o

OT, must be just about time you came out to a meeting, CG, what about Clackline ?
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....