Author Topic: Am l a mug  (Read 4456 times)

SAABCOMBI

Am l a mug
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »
I have been buying some parts from the USA lating, because l am not having luck here in Australia, postage, or shipping, the item that l bought was $99 US, quoted shipping a $168 US, when it arrives, l noticed on the docket total cost for shipping & Handling was $115. so am l missing something here, or am l being ripped off because l am 20,000 miles away. These guys over there are charging me x amount of dollars for putting the item in a box and taping it up, l wouldn`t mind if it was a couple of dollars, up at the end of the day it adds up to a lot.
I am sick today and a bit grumpy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:39:05 pm by DAVID#46 »

Re: Am l a mug
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:51 pm »
Sometimes the postage calculator and actual cost are different. Other times they guess what it will cost, and other times they are trying one on you. I have asked for a refund of the difference and have gotten it every time. I also wait till I get the money before leaving feedback so you have that hanging over their head.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:43:12 pm »
David, they do it all the time $20 for little things that should cost tops $10 helmet I bought $46 but when asked other seller about helmets it has been from $80 to $150 they cash in on the postage.

I wanted to buy some reeds for my 400's so I thought oh postage is $30 I will get two sets if that is the case they would fit in an envelope anyway the invoice they sent had $60 postage what I asked if they could combine it they said no and I said won't you send it in the same envelope and they said yes but still wanted double postage.

A few rip offs no doubt but sometimes you are at there ransom they have what you want that may be rare and they can choose how much they want for postage go to the UPS shipping site and type in weight to destination and it shows you what it costs.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 07:44:42 pm »
Email for a paypal refund, no refun leave bad feedback, it the only way these morons will learn.

I have sent 3 emails to the same guy today, part started at $40 postage, then $33 and last was $26, funny same part cam  in the mail today and was only $13.50, im still trying to convience him to get it right and agree to be close to right, otherwise im not bidding.  luckily other sellers also have em ( and im not in a hurry) but i hate it when folks get lasy on postage or use COD without asking.

After a while you get to know around the price, so you can ask upfront, at worst use the flat rate boxes if its over $13 and wont fit in the flat rate envelopes.

leave bad feedback, they cant get you back with the way ebay now is set up anyway, so dont be afraind to out the pricks
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:46:56 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »
Frosty, your reeds should of went in a $12.95 flat rate USPS envelope.
I reckon i need to crack down on this as im sure i get ripped off on postage many times. Is it true you can leave a seller negative feedback but they cant retailiate with negative feedback on you? When ever i sell something to someone, i just cant live with my self if i overhcharge on shipping so i always refund it even if they dont ask.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:58:53 pm »
I have been buying some parts from the USA lating, because l am not having luck here in Australia, postage, or shipping, the item that l bought was $99 US, quoted shipping a $168 US, when it arrives, l noticed on the docket total cost for shipping & Handling was $115. so am l missing something here, or am l being ripped off because l am 20,000 miles away. These guys over there are charging me x amount of dollars for putting the item in a box and taping it up, l wouldn`t mind if it was a couple of dollars, up at the end of the day it adds up to a lot.
I am sick today and a bit grumpy.

20,000miles where are you David ???

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »
It seems like only a few $$ sometimes but say $5 here and there and times it by 20 which is not a lot of items to rack up at once and you are easily ripped $100 extra on postage to what you should pay didn't buy the reeds on principle would have paid $30 too if they didn't try to rip into me for $60.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:54 pm »
No! then again maybe... OK Yes your a mug Dave :D
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »
Thanks Tim. l am sick tonight, but you have put a smile on my face.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 08:24:49 pm »
Tm Bill, you are making a comment to a fellow that has never been out off Australia :), 20,000 is that not far enough, or over the limit.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:57:27 pm »
Sometimes the postage calculator and actual cost are different.

Too true.
Especially if the cubing rule comes into it as many post office clerks can’t read a tape measure.
I gave up trying to quote individual prices for pipes as they would never work out to what I quoted and I was using a lot of time to do it.
I set a flat rate of $22.00, some work out cheaper and some dearer.
If it comes in cheaper then it helps pay for the bubble wrap and other packaging, if it goes over the job goes out regardless.

You have to remember too that registered post doesn’t show up on stamps so if it has been registered then the sender has spent another $2.80 for this.

Same with insurance. The cheapest overseas insurance is around $11.00 to insure international items for around $200.00. This gives you tracking number to be able to follow it. This also will not show up on stamps so you have to consider if the sender insured your item which will mean that more than the postage cost has been spent.

And then theirs packaging, the cheap padded bags start at around a dollar.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:36 am »
to my great surprise, I have had a half-dozen USA purchases, where they have refunded me the postage difference, UNASKED.
Luke

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:25 am »
   While were on the subject of mugs i have only been starting to get gear from os for the last 12 mths,and just recently came across in one sellers spiel that he only use's ups and not usp(or vice versa) which he called "the brown clown" can anyone shed any light on this ???

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 09:48:03 am »
   While were on the subject of mugs i have only been starting to get gear from os for the last 12 mths,and just recently came across in one sellers spiel that he only use's ups and not usp(or vice versa) which he called "the brown clown" can anyone shed any light on this ???

UPS (Universal parcel service) VERY VERY Expensive to Aus ("Brown clowns" because of the colour of the delivery guys uniforms)

USPS (U.S postal service) Good to bad depending on what it is or how heavy, for small items like gaskets reeds etc always ask for the shipping to be "USPS first class airmail" it's the cheapest and doesn't seem to take any longer than Priority airmail.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 10:10:02 am »
Interesting I was reading about USPS they are the 4th largest employer in the United States, after the armed forces, are loosing money like hell due to the impact of email on standard letter post, canceling sea freight was completely revenue raising I guess.
formerly Marc.com