Author Topic: Photo shoot  (Read 1442 times)

firko

Photo shoot
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:14:33 pm »
On Saturday arvo Jim Scaysbrook did a photo shoot of my DT1 for Old Bike Australia magazine for a feature next issue on  the Yamaha DT1. Being a veteran of Bill Forsyths marathon shoots where he leaves no angle or lighting shade untried, it was interesting to experience a shoot that took a mere 20 minutes from unload to load up! I've worked with many photographers for a variety of magazines over the years and it's interesting that every one of them have different techniques and prorities.  I'm curious to see how Jims work compares to the old master Bill Forsyth. Here's a couple of snaps I took during the shoot of Scaysy in action.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Photo shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:42:13 pm »
Looks very good Firko, can see how much work has went in to that it looks great will be buying that magazine if I find it for sale here, thanks Michael.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:49:28 pm »
With my bikes Firko,  believe the old stand drunkenly 25 or so metres back with a filthy fly shit encrusted lens in dreary piss poor light is the way to go  ;) Your DT looks fine with out any photo trickery. Cheers
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:11 pm »
Thanks chaps, thye old DT1 doesn't look as good as it did five years ago. It's been living at my mates place wedged in between a Honcho and our PE400Z and has copped a bit of shed rash. She's back home now and when I've got a spare few days I'll sort out a few outstanding little things and get her registered. I was considering converting her over to DT1MX standard by fitting my GYT stash but I can't bring myself to do it. What I might do instead id convert the 'DT1 from Hell' over to a white tank so I've got a matching pair so to speak.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:38:32 pm »
Michael Andrews shoots alot of stuff for Jim's mag
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »
Their not those Chinese bars are they Firko? JTTP Jerry

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »
work compares to the old master Bill Forsyth. Here's a couple of snaps I took during the shoot of Scaysy in action.

is it me or does that tail light look like its giving the finger, in a stylistic way ?

although they are still ugly mounted light ........ i do like the tanks though  :)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 05:38:02 pm »
Nothing wrong with it being sat next to a pe400z that is an iconic bike along with the dt please pm me if you and your mate no longer want the 400z, thanks Michael.
1971 tm400 and PE's