Author Topic: Guess the mystery item  (Read 13775 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the mystery item
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:18 pm »
bottle opener

True story,
A bloke called Brownie turned up at the Bulahdelah races, about five years ago, He had a Keg of Black and Guinness. I had one, twenty minutes latter I did the fastest seven laps of the grass track, that I had ever done in my life.   
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:14:50 pm »
bottle opener

Well? it just got caught in the polishing buffing machine, and nearly took one of my ears off, as it flew off to the other side of the shed at light speed ???
If it keeps it up, there is a good chance I might turn it in to a bottle openner ::)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:21:13 pm by MICK-DE »

firko

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 05:48:23 pm »
I was at a vintage dirt track in Mildura back in the early 90s and as well as seeing many racers on the piss during the lunch break, I witnessed a few well known Sydney racers sharing a few cones of the 'herb superb' with the locals-also during the lunch break. Thankfully I wasn't in any races with these blokes. Ironically, it didn't seem to slow any of them down.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:50:08 pm by firko »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 07:04:38 pm »
I was at a vintage dirt track in Mildura back in the early 90s and as well as seeing many racers on the piss during the lunch break, I witnessed a few well known Sydney racers sharing a few cones of the 'herb superb' with the locals-also during the lunch break. Thankfully I wasn't in any races with these blokes. Ironically, it didn't seem to slow any of them down.

when i was racing vic speedway in late 80's early 90's it was very common to be "having your greens" before the event ( i never did that shit), this was on the Cusp on MA introducing random drug testing. one well know Vic A Grader was overheard  saying that he was giving it up ( racing not the weed) due to drug testing at the track. it unnerved me knowing that some of these blokes were gunging up before riding.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 07:15:35 pm »
When MNZ was publishing who had been caught with drugs testing it was mainly speedway guys who had been into the green, they don't publish names anymore & I'm not sure if the speedway boys even come under MNZ's juristriction either. Must be something to do with heading towards a concrete wall with no brakes that make them need the help

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 08:07:55 pm »
I am quite sure that I will end up regretting this, but I can't help myself.

Oh come on you lot, I will pay for ten entries(for the correct Guess) in a guessing competition  towards a Magoos Family Fund(guessing competition), that I will be collecting for at "Crawford River Classic".

Time for a hint?

OK, it is upsidedown? and back to front?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:58:35 pm by MICK-DE »

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »
Racing Speedway in the sixties It was almost mandatory to race Half Cut, just to have the nuts to get out there and to help you not think about the guy that got killed the race meet before.

In the nineties I'd pick up a mate (to remain un-named) to go racing endurocross, cross country,pony express,MX, thumper nats etc. and he'd spark up a joint 3" long as fat as you thumb at 5.30am and it'd take him half an hour to smoke it, only to go and win his class nine times out of ten...  ??? :-\
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:17:09 pm by E74 »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 08:33:19 pm »
OK Ok ok, it's time for another clue?

read the posts, everything that has been admitted in earlier posts, is true.

Next hint,

It is not a waffle iron with a clock in it.

It is for A VMX motorcycle.

It is for LHS.

It is not for a Suzuki.

Yes it is some sort of a plate(that has now been molested by the polishing buffing machine).

firko

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 08:34:33 pm »
Oh come on you lot, I will pay for ten entries(for the correct Guess) in a guessing competition  towards a Magoos Family Fund(guessing competition), that I will be collecting for at CRC.
Hey Mick....Half time in the Brumbies Reds game so I'll drop in a quick entry in the guessing comp.......Is it an engine plate for a slider?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »
forked if i know.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

mx250

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:59 pm »
it unnerved me knowing that some of these blokes were gunging up before riding.
I believe that was the issue for Anthony Goberts - it wasn't Suzuki, it wasn't the F.I.M, it was the riders who wanted him gone. And it wasn't The Weed either - it was something 'harder' - or so I was told ;).

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 08:39:11 pm »
forked if i know.

If I had a web cam, yould be watching the tears rolling down my cheaks Hoony.

Curly3

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »
In the 70's & 80's, dope & Speedway went hand in hand. The Yanks had a big influence on the scene in England and my brother shared a house for a while with the best of them.
Dope and the party lifestyle over there certainly had a negative effect on his life upon returning full time to OZ and he wrote an article in a leading Speedway mag voicing his concern on the widespread abuse of substances in and around Speedway.
Without naming names there are several riders who's careers have been cut short, in one way or another, courtesy of the Gunja.
No story would surprise me and I'm sure that to an extent it still goes on.  

Curly3

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »
How the hell did we get around to WEED?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 08:42:14 pm »
ok ok pour salt into the wound,  :D

its going to be a "i should have known better moment" i can feel it
1986 Honda CR250RG