Author Topic: Ravenswood  (Read 1504 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Ravenswood
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:48 am »
BMC is holding it's first round of MX this coming weekend at Ravenswood Park on Sunday 25/04/2010. Mostly modern classes but a pre '90 all powers class and age group classes (you can ride your VMX bike in any class). $40 to ride plus one day license plus day membership if you need it. Sign in 8:30 am.
The following weekend, Sunday 02/05/2010, Maryborough MC is holding a club day and also has a vintage class. They have extended an open invitiation to anyone wishing to attend. The track is mostly hard packed clay and while it does have a set of stutters and a double, the track is still quite vintage friendly. They prep the track sensationally and it's always a good day. Maryborough run independantly to MA and you don't need a license to ride. $25 plus $10 per extra class. A full membership ($160) gets you a key to the track and access anytime except the week before a club day.
Finally the weekend after, Sunday 09/05/2010, I will be taking a trail ride from my house in Kangaroo Flat (Bendigo). The loop consists of some yeeha top gear action trails, some cool 3rd gear flowing single trail, and a small technical rocky section. The trails are well ridden and most of the corners are rutted or bermed up, we drop in & out of creeks, jump dams, water races & logs, occasionally have to elude Mr. Plod & his ranger mate, so all good fun & very good practise. On the way back we could even stop off at a fellow forum members private MX track & cut some laps. Approx 80-90klm with only 1klm on tar till we hit the trails. Nothing hard but it is constant & the helmet camera will be turned on. If fuel range is an issue, we can have a fuel dump on the trail.  Leave at 10:30am with lead rider (me) & sweep rider (probably poof boy), will need 3-4 hours to complete depending on numbers, I can do it non-stop in about 2:20 on a good day. BBQ afterwards if anyone wants to. PM or email [email protected] to indicate if you'd like to come.
All in all, some good practise opportunities leading up to the next VIPER & the first VCM round.
Cheers,
K

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ravenswood
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:25:35 pm »
Hey K,

Thanks for posting these events up.

Is the trail ride suitable for vintage bikes? Do you have similar trail rides at other times of the year? Is rec reg advisable?

Cheers
Tex

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:03:20 pm »
Yep the trails are VMX suitable, nothing you wouldn't find in a vinduro. Rec reg or full reg is best, but many do it un-registered. Even with reg, most of the trails are not legal according to DSE and the ranger can book you for being "of road". The few times we have been pulled over, the police have been good and let us away being that we were licensed and registered (rec reg included), much to the rangers disgust! We don't stop unless they are standing in the middle of the trail waving us down, we just keep riding and if they can follow and catch us (they generally can't) then we can usually talk around any issues they may have. I've only run into them twice in the last 18 months.
Cheers,
K

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »
Ravo was perfect today, heaps of traction, fast, flowing with only 2 boggy sections. Big fields of moderns, some really FAST & fearless young blokes, a spectale to watch. Only 3 VMX bikes (mine are broken) but good to see a fellow forum member turn up for a ride.
Cheers,
K

Offline over the bars

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 05:20:07 pm »
I had my first ride back at ravenswood since about 1988. What a prime bit of mx heaven . Thanks to big k for posting the meeting on the forum.Also thanks to all at the bendigo club for a top day. ( even though i ran out of fuel while sitting at the gate for my last moto ! )