Author Topic: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)  (Read 21226 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
keep up the good work Rudy, the Vics might get enough for a all in grid from pre 60 to pre 90 as some just dont get it with the term "ERA", or the word spirit for that matter

Cheers Trev
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:33:01 PM by worms »

kaw440

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
trev what is your problem with victoria as you dont seem to like us much

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »
sorry , I luv you guys  ;D

maybe it's all to do with the Storm.

the sooner we get rid of the states bodies and form the Classic Motorcross Assc and work direct with MA the better, i will throw my hat in the ring for the top job,

Cheers trev

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
sorry , I luv you guys  ;D

maybe it's all to do with the Storm.

the sooner we get rid of the states bodies and form the Classic Motorcross Assc and work direct with MA the better, i will throw my hat in the ring for the top job,

Cheers trev

Hello , we already have Classic Motocross under the jurisdiction of Motorcyling Australia and the G.C.R's for the running of "The Nats" .As well both the VCM series and VIPER series 's in Victoria are afilliated with the MA and  run class'es according to the G.C.R's.It may not suit everyones tastes but its effective.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:03:20 PM by motomaniac »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2010, 09:02:18 PM »
keep up the good work Rudy, the Vics might get enough for a all in grid from pre 60 to pre 90 as some just dont get it with the term "ERA", or the word spirit for that matter

Cheers Trev

One example of an "Era" is the golden era of Mister Motocross in the beginning of the 80's when Gall,Beetle Bailey,Benson, and co rode their Yamaha's ,Huskies and Maico's which were of a design that we now call "evolution" againts Gunter,Williams,Vaughn Style,Greg Cady and Peter Carney on their single shock linkaged bikes.
Yer I remember those days- awesome ;)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »
great , but would it be better to have one body for VMX, Australia wide.

Sorry the thread has changed , and i will leave it at that.

Cheers trev

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »
Thats usually dirrected towards me......long live the Alamo.. ;D..... while where on the subject of Mehican's,you blokes been caught cheating again (Melborne Storm Rugby leauge team)....f#@k, is there no depth you wont go to?..... Oh well, start another shitfight......better than the Sideshow (car) crap and this going on.....grow up, get a life, and some commonsence..... where all doing this sport cause we love it, we have a set of rules which are pretty simple to follow... without the rules we wouldnt have our sport.... infact every sport has a set of rules, its not rocket science, but some of you dumb-arses just dont get it?? do ya.....now lets all talk about what veges where gonna plant in the garden for winter....much more interedting than going over the same shit time after time.... have a nice day (Im off to plant some cabbages) ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »
So what makes an “Era” ?

Pre 78, Pre 85 etc are defined by the years.
Evo is defined by 3 simple criteria.
I agree that you shouldn’t be able to ride up a class and should stay within your era.
But if any bike meets the Evo criteria then it is within its Era.

If a bike is eligible to ride in both Evo & Pre 85 then it seems like the hand book Nazis rule if you need to have 2 bikes, that could be identical, to ride in both classes.

At the end of the day it’s better that the organizing club has the right to decide

I think there were many reasons for the low entries, I don’t see the rules as one of them

I also think the same applies to the Pre 75 4 stroke class.
If a four stroke rides in this class and the normal capacity class is this considered riding up a class.
Heaven forbid if some one should sneak in an extra ride with only one bike.

And just to keep the thread going I say bring in the Pre 2000 class
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

[/quote]

One example of an "Era" is the golden era of Mister Motocross in the beginning of the 80's when Gall,Beetle Bailey,Benson, and co rode their Yamaha's ,Huskies and Maico's which were of a design that we now call "evolution" againts Gunter,Williams,Vaughn Style,Greg Cady and Peter Carney on their single shock linkaged bikes.
Yer I remember those days- awesome ;)
[/quote]

Only one of those guys on an Evo bike was competitive with the pre 85 bikes and that was Gally and it was only 1 year..1981 and Gally also had a Works bike that year. In 1980 they were nearly all Evo bikes and '82 everyone was on pre 85 bikes.

albrid-3

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »
Classes should be as they where 40 years or 25 years ago. These classes can follow through to other era`s. for example pre 85. 250 scratch, 263 and over scratch, 125 scratch.
It doesn`t matter whether you race 4 stroke or 2 stroke. You fellows need to live for the moment of racing the bike you love, who cares about gall, gunter, flood, etc, they are has been like the rest of us, if  gall and others where genuine and passionate about vintage motorcross  they would be racing vintage motorcross from day it started, l am sorry to say they are not. So its up to us to get it right we don`t need to run vintage around them we need to run vintage around us.
125 SCRATCH
250 SCRATCH
OVER 300 SCRATCH or 263 and over
A GRADE all powers
B grade all powers
C grade all powers
Juniors
Sidecars
then we add age classes
under 30
30 to 39
40 to 49
50 to 59
60 and over.
If you have to many in one class, then it will be up to the host club to have heats, so the clubs need to have a entry cut off date, when all the entries are in then the program can be printed.
Note: stop all late entries, if late go home. all riders have plenty of time to enter race meeting. end of story.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:45:50 PM by pre65 husky »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »
.....grow up, get a life, and some commonsence...yer good advice.The most common sense thing to do would be to follow the rule book.. where all doing this sport cause we love it, we have a set of rules which are pretty simple to followI agree so why the endless BS on this thread and the other thread around he time of the last Nats?You tell me.... without the rules we wouldnt have our sport.... infact every sport has a set of rules, its not rocket science, but some of you dumb-arses just dont get it??Maybe a remedial class in english reading would help those who are having trouble understanding the G.C.R's .Any other ideas? do ya...goodluck with the cabbage patch
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:37:47 PM by motomaniac »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:30 PM »
Cheers ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »

Only one of those guys on an Evo bike was competitive with the pre 85 bikes and that was Gally and it was only 1 year..1981 and Gally also had a Works bike that year. In 1980 they were nearly all Evo bikes and '82 everyone was on pre 85 bikes.
[/quote]

Johnny IMO Gally was the most competitive because he was the most professional in his approach.
What ever the fact remains the the pre 85 class is year specific by the G.C.R.'s  and Maico's ,Huskies 81 YZ's , existed and raced side by side in the specified era.It doesn't bother me either way bu thats the way the G.C.R's are currently written.

Like you said on an earlier post "we have been through all this before"

don't know why I bothered to jump in really.

cheers

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »
Yeah it doesn't really matter what bike you're on.. the best rider will win.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
A few random points that I can't be bothered forming into a structured reply:

1. The concept behind Evo is both brilliant and deeply flawed. It is brilliant because it groups bikes together based on technology rather than age, but its flawed because it is the only category to group bikes like this.

2. Pre-80 made sense when it was created, but if we were to move away from Evo now, then pre-81 makes more sense than pre-80. This would have the benefit of evening out the pre-81 (aka "Evo") fields and the pre-85 fields.

3. The rule for the Nationals has (apparently) always been "One bike = one ride" (with age groups and 4-strokes as the obvious exceptions. Way I see it, if we can't run races only for specific eras at the Nationals, then we really need to question whether those eras are really worthy of National title status.
There is nothing preventing anyone from entering an older era bike in a newer era class, providing they have not also entered it in the "correct" era.

4. One year of poor support for a class does not automatically mean that the class is dead. Similarly, one year of good support for a class does not automatically mean that class is indestructable.

5. fork me, I'm sick and tired of the Vic vs Qld bickering. Neither of you ever "owned" Classic Dirt or the Nationals, so get over it. I've been to both Classic Dirts and VMX Nationals in Vic, NSW and Qld - none of the events were perfect, but none of them were a waste of time either. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

6. We're a small, limited interest sport. Sometimes it really does help the sport if you put your ego back in its box, and go and participate and enjoy the sport you love - even when things don't suit you perfectly.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.