Author Topic: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)  (Read 21227 times)

kaw440

Re: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
To clear up some things my KX500 is NOT evo i have built this bike to race pre85 as it has a KX500 motor in it and works SR500 disc brake front end as i like this bike to ride i have spent the thousands of dollars on the 84 kx500 and did not like the bike as much so i built the bike i wanted to ride if it had a drum brake front end in it then you would say its not evo legit witch it is not i know buy it seems to me that you have a problem with my bike bahnsy as this post indicates this but no one has said it up front if that is the case maybe you should have been on the start gate at the titles to make up the pre85 class numbers as i was with 2 bikes and did not ride up a class by the way there was not 50% evo bike in pre85 there were 4 and one of them was in the wrong class by his mistake

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
There is the catch, as MA has said it is the intention of the GCR's and the clubs have the right to enforce it, but here is the second catch, it comes down to the appointed steward of the event to decide how the intent is meant, MA will not direct the steward on this, so there you have it, on any given day as the gcr's stand a pre 60 bike can ride in pre 85 but at our club it is in our supp regs that all bikes will be era based, so you cant do this and more clubs should follow suit to protect our sport from the handbook nazi's.

the Clubs have the power to keep comon sense at grass roots level! so winge away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Trev, worms
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:24:19 PM by worms »

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
Sounds like it was the pre 85 class that struggled at the Nats but you're bashing the Evo class. WTF??
JohnnyO,
We must be reading different replies. I don't see where there is EVO bashing.
I think that maybe there is some confusion as some see EVO as an era, but in Australia at the moment it represents nothing more than a bike specification. Classes up to and including Pre78 clearly define an era as outlined in the GCR's. When you get to EVO & Pre85 there is not the same definition, hence the request to understand what the break up of the class for open Pre85 was.

And a slight correction
USA AHRMA
Gran Prix - Loosely equals Evolution
Ultima - Similar to Pre85
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
CLASSES

Note: All classes are further divided into Novice, Intermediate and Expert rider ability levels.
bullet   Historic 125: Certain 125cc and smaller motorcycles built up to and including the 1977 model year as the first-generation of long-travel machines.
bullet   Historic 250: Certain 126-250cc motorcycles built up to and including the 1977 model year as the first-generation of long-travel machines.
bullet   Historic 500: Certain 325-460cc two-strokes and four-strokes up to 636cc built up to and including the 1977 model year as the first-generation of long-travel machines.
bullet   Historic Four-Stroke: Certain four-stroke machines built up to and including the 1978 model year with up to 636cc. Overhead cam machines are limited to 500cc.
bullet   Gran Prix 125: Certain post-1977 motorcycles up to 125cc.
bullet   Gran Prix 250: Certain post-1977 motorcycles 126-250cc.
bullet   Gran Prix 500: Certain post-1977 motorcycles 325-500cc two-stroke and up to 580cc four-stroke.
bullet   Gran Prix Four-Stroke: Certain 185-580cc four-stroke motorcycles that came just after the Historic Four-Stroke period.
bullet   Ultima 125: Certain motorcycles up to 125cc that do not have disc brakes or power-valve type mechanism built directly into the engine.
bullet   Ultima 250: Certain 126-250cc motorcycles that do not have disc brakes or power-valve type mechanism built directly into the engine.
bullet   Ultima 500: Certain 325-580cc motorcycles that do not have disc brakes or power-valve type mechanism built directly into the engine.
bullet   Ultima Four-Stroke: Certain 200-580cc four-strokes that were produced either with a single-shock rear suspension or a newer engine technology.
bullet   Open Age: Any AHRMA-eligible rider on any eligible machine.
bullet   +40: Riders over age 40 on any eligible machine.
bullet   +50: Riders over age 50 on any eligible machine.
bullet   +60: Riders over age 60 on any eligible machine.
bullet   Women: Female riders on any eligible machine.

This is where I read Ultima.
http://www.ahrma.org/Post-Vintage_Motocross.htm

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
The question was to simply understand what the breakdown of EVO vs. Pre85 bikes was, there has been NO discussion at all about a KX500 or for that matter any riders individual machine other than to understand what the bike was so why would conspiracy theory’s be bought to the table.
I was scheduled to go to the Nationals, but unfortunately hospitals and funeral parlours took precedence. I managed Viper Round 1 (which was awesome) and the Broadford Bonanza but couldn't get to the NATS, my loss. Even if I did it would have been on the 125 not the 500 as I was told in no uncertain terms that if I bought the KX500 I would have been told to leave it on the trailer.

Now I understand that 4 of the 16 machines (25%) in the Pre85 class were Evo bikes.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:46:24 PM by Bahnsy »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
Please show me in the GCR's where it states that I can only enter one bike in one class.

Pretty please? :-\

Rosco,
There is nothing in the GCR's, it is provided to the riders in the Supplementary Regulations that are supplied with the entry form.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:31 PM »
In the US there is another Vintage MX series run by U.S. VMX.. The Evo class came from there.
Geoff Ballard and a couple of others with the help of Rick Doughty from Vintage Iron adopted the US Evo rules for the Thumper Nats in '97.
Google USVMX and you'll see.

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »

Okay. Shows how little I know about vintage in the U.S. I just googled Ahrma and found that one. We feel lucky that we have two clubs to race with and they have two associations!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »
hey Brad, you missed the class for closet Yamaha riders ;D

Cheers trev

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »
we had huge fields in evo and pre 85
at conondale nats last year all classes
the guys who did ride in pre 85 on twin shock bikes
didnt ride same bike in evo
eg:  geoff ballard maico for evo, maico for pre  85. 2 bikes

also if i race at national with my pre 85 bike i cant ride up :'(

if you want 2 races on one bike take a spare barrel diff capacity
bolt it on between motos ;)

follow me to first turn

kaw440

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
Thats right there was no discucion about a kx500 but your post has asked the question and as there were only a couple of twin shock bikes in pre85 and the way this post has gone what are the twin shock bike riders supose to think have a look from the outside in and read your posts about this as if you were one of the riders on a twinshock it looks like the conspiracy is against the twinshock bikes

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
Okay. Shows how little I know about vintage in the U.S. I just googled Ahrma and found that one. We feel lucky that we have two clubs to race with and they have two associations!
Think about AHRMA as being Motorcycling Australia and USVMX as Heaven or VIPER etc.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Evil Rudy

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2010, 08:12:16 PM »
OK (picking up cat)... if numbers are down, should we start talking about pre 90 (throwing said cat amonst pigeons)?

They are 20 years old after all.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
 :o :o :o :o ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »
Bemused to say the least. I think the cat was thrown into the coop some posts back.
The Evo riders have done nothing wrong, infact i would do the same thing as the rules are written in such a way that allows this to occur. There has been and will be no slur on any Evo rider for riding in Pre85 from me so please don't imply that i have. Again all that i have asked was the number of Evo bikes in the Pre85 class - Period.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn