Author Topic: Yamaha spoke/nipple problem.  (Read 1249 times)

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Yamaha spoke/nipple problem.
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:42:21 pm »
I'm rebuilding a set of YZ465 wheels for my Yamaha 4-stroke. The spokes where bad so I ordered up new kits from yamaha. The kit for the rear wheel came like original with steel nipples. But the front had a renewed partsnr. and came with bigger alu nipples, since I'm using EXCEL rims with bigger holes this was great and I wanted the same nipples for the rear kit as well.

So I went to my Yamahadealer with a spoke and he came up with some alu nipples for it.

But when I was straitening the wheel the threads snapped in the nipple, turns out the spokes threads is 3,8mm and the nipples I got was close to 4.

So, can anyone help me get the correct alu nipples, same as front. The spoke thread is 3,8mm diameter, circa 0,6mm threadsise(don't have the correct measuretool, but I think it's smaller than 0,7 and bigger than 0,5), the nipples are 8mm outside diameter and uses a 6mm key to turn.
Partsnumber or aftermarket..

Thanks   

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Yamaha spoke/nipple problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:47:16 pm »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 06:31:19 pm »
That's a great link Leith - well done mate  8)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:45 am »
Buchanan didn't work with metric threads. Anyone have an idea what else would fit??