Author Topic: China plastic injection mouldings  (Read 2093 times)

Doc

China plastic injection mouldings
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:27:38 pm »
I've just received an interesting email from a plastic injection mould making business in China stating they specialize in overseas orders. Just wondering if anyone else got this email. I've replied with a few questions and a pic of a TM125 magneto cover for possible reproduction (cost ultimately being the deciding factor) Since it's not a big market I've simply asked for the price of a mould or a run of 20 moulded covers. Chances are 20 would be too many but eventually they would all find a home I'm sure. Awaiting a reply but anything is worth a shot. I don't know how they got my email and name hence I was wondering if anyone else had received and email from 'Coco' in China...curious is all  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:33:25 pm by Doc »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: China plastic injection mouldings
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:13:01 am »
I frequently get emails from companies in China or India/Pakistan - they are usually looking for distributors/resellers. Everything from clothing and accessories to complete motorcycles. The Asian countries are a powerhouse of industry now and the amount of stuff they copy and sell is huge. They get email addresses by visiting websites such as this one, or harvesting them via other means. I've never replied to any, so am interested in what you get back from this one.

Doc

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:25:45 pm »
mmm..me too Graeme..I normally wouldn't reply but it maybe opportunity knocking..from what I've been told anything under a $1000 for a mould isn't over the top..just curious how much and if they'd do a small run..may not be viable but when you consider how long it could take to try and make something comparable at home then all of a sudden a grand don't seem too bad so long as the actual moulded cover is right and remains cost effective. Might mean it'd take a while to recoup but eventually it could pay for itself..maybe  :-\ will let you know what they come back with  ;)

YSS

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 07:33:59 pm »
Yes that could be intresting , since we hade a moulding done for seals in Korea.... thousands of Dollars later , we hade to ditch the seals and the mould and go back to NOK . A fair bit dearer , but no problems , no recalls .

Doc

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 07:44:39 pm »
that doesn't exactly instill much confidence GMC :D I reckon if I get a reply that answers my questions I'll be happy. If it ever actually came to fruition I'd either have won lotto or had the luck of an Irishman..I have more the luck of someone who's just run over a China man ::)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 08:55:30 pm »
arent these things kind of scams? at one stage i kept getting emails from asia offering me free bike seat covers for anybike. yeah right
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Doc

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 06:39:31 am »
Leith, that email for seat covers was not a scam. The deal was if you ordered a cover that they did not already have a pattern for then if you sent them your 'original' cover (or what's left) they would make you another and forward it on to you for nics. The only bad thing was you forfeit your original cover as they use it for a template and the cover has to be a model not already in their very large list ;)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 09:56:13 am »
Why not just send a DXF file to them and get them to send a sample.Tell them if the sample works OK you will order a 1000 ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes