Author Topic: Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza  (Read 24680 times)

All Things 414

Re: Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:30 pm »
Well maybe then the fragile old bikes and bodies should have their own track for such a meeting. These "Nationals" have bikes made for such tracks (you know, a few 'bumps' here and there) in them as well you know.... :-*
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:44:15 pm by All Things 414 »

Doggy Digger

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 04:43:02 pm »
Track was great on Sunday!!  They turned off the sprinklers that were feeding into the corners, which let them dry up quite a bit.   Meanwhile, Saurday's sawdust blended well with the dirt.   Some of the turns at top of hills were loam city, and copping WFO roosts off the guns.  There seemed to be hardly any whoops appearing, and the other sprinklers killed off the dust.  I reckon it had a kind of "Trans-Ama" feel to it.
 Heaps of riders never returned on Sunday, so there was as much track time as most could handle.

I loved the smooth uphills where you could pin it.   I liked the two long downhills, each time I survived them.   And - once I got used to that pair of bigger double-down airjumps, I actually looked forward to them.   I was only wishing I were young enough to ride hard, like those young kids on the Maicos!

Well done Drakey.   And thanks to Rod MacDonald and crew, for being out in that sun for us, all weekend.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:50:45 pm by Doggy Digger »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »
Well maybe then the fragile old bikes and bodies should have their own track for such a meeting. These "Nationals" have bikes made for such tracks (you know, a few 'bumps' here and there) in them as well you know.... :-*

Have you ridden a pre-75 bike in anger lately?
What about a VMX national meeting?

:-*

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

All Things 414

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »
No. Furthest thing from my mind. But if I was wanting to race an EVO or Pre 85 bike to be the "Australian Champion" of that class, I'd rather do it on a track that I could relate more to. In fact I'd wanna race more than three, three lap races to do it as well. More like seven 20 minute + a lap races over the three days to properly test man and machine (or should I say the shitters from the bikes that have been prepared).

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 05:28:21 pm »
The track was fine for my pre-78 bike, and was great on my pre-85 (enduro) bike - if next weekend was going to be the "Evo Nats", then you wouldn't have heard a peep from me about the track condition.
But the Nationals are going to include older bikes, so I'm raising the point now so the promoting club can choose to do something about it before the event... ;)

And I'm sure that racing on a perfectly smooth track wouldn't actually upset anyone.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

albrid-3

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2010, 05:47:22 pm »
I think it would be wise for the Preston Club, to have the pre 85 and pre 80 big bore classes off first on the program, for the simple reason, if the track sprinklers are going to be on and the first race is going to be pre65 class they will be bogging down alot and race will be slow and tuff for them, The track will need 5-7 races over it to dry it out.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:49:11 pm by TLR »

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2010, 06:19:46 pm »
I must disagree with you Roscoe, I thought the track was ruddy dispicable & not a fit place for man or machine. Why I saw some chaps spinning their rear knobbly & flinging a thing called loam  ??? ??? in the face of their fello competitors, how dispicable, mummy was aghast  ;D ;D & what are these new fandangle things on cnrs which I think they call berms & I will never come to grasps of this new fashion of getting both wheels of the ground at the same time, anyway, I must go down for tea, cucumber sandwiches I believe. Track was fnn awesome, bring on The Nat's  ;D ;D

Mr Maico #54

All Things 414

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »
Yeah. Sorry Kenny. My Bad. ::). I'll bring a nice foot spa and some fairy floss with me on Sat when I get up there to cheer you and Henry on....

Anyway. Back to the topic. Well done to Drakie and all involved in the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza! A real hit! ;)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:23 pm »
Yeah. Sorry Kenny. My Bad. ::). I'll bring a nice foot spa and some fairy floss with me on Sat when I get up there to cheer you and Henry on....

Anyway. Back to the topic. Well done to Drakie and all involved in the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza! A real hit! ;)

you might as well bring faiy floss. im bringing the milk arrowroot bikkies and the nesquick  and faiy bread to hand out in the pits to the queens landers

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2010, 06:36:10 pm »
Dont forget the woppie cusions as well darling :-* :-*
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »
I have never been a fan of the track at Broadford, I could almost go as far to say I hated it.  I rode it on Sunday and I didn't want to get off it. Running in that direction combined with the nice loamy soil I had a ball, if you put a wheel wrong in a rut it didn't matter you could just form a new line as its all soft. And as for traction out of the corners, Woohoo.

I loved it, well done.

Rob.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2010, 06:53:55 pm »
I gave my camera to my son Jax to use...

Thanks Jax for the pic of me  ;D (the PE in the same frame as the DT360).

Tex

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2010, 06:59:27 pm »
Hope it doesn't rain. I don't like getting dirty or wet. Fairy bread sounds wonderful. And Arrowroots ... yes please, can I have butter on mine please....... ;D

All Things 414

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »
This just a fantastic pic. Makes you want to get one of those strange lookin' bikes and go out there and have a blast doesn't it?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »
Have to agree - not too sure about the whole no brakes thing though  :o :o
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.