Author Topic: KLX250 / KL250 crank bearings.  (Read 2505 times)

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
KLX250 / KL250 crank bearings.
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:18:16 am »
Probably a question that Derail can answer......
Has anyone managed to source and/or fit a new left hand main bearing to one of these motors. (KLX250 A & B)Same as the KL250 A and B motors. The right hand bearing is available and easy to do.
This is the open roller bearing behind the cam chain sprocket. There seems to be no listing in parts books or at Kawasaki dealers. Looks like I would have to buy a complete left hand crankshaft half. If they were available. Seems the outer race that lives in the left hand casing is a stock item.
To get the bearing off the crank iot looks like they camchain sprocket and oil thrower ring behind would have to be pressed off. Or are they friction welded on ??
Do I just say ... "sod it" and use what I have and hope it's going to be ok ?
Thumpers Rule !

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KLX250 / KL250 crank bearings.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:05:27 am »
A year and more searching and it looks like we have success ! A brand new o.e. style bearing !
The oil thrower and cam drive sprocket will press off. Will need to be careful to get it back it the right place as there is no keyway to line things up.
As soon as I have the bearing I will post the details and a picture. Saves trying to buy NOS unobtainium from Kawasaki. Bearing inner was a new L/H crank half, and the outer race was to buy a new L/H crankcase.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KLX250 / KL250 crank bearings.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:19:09 am »
 I think I'd better go and have a look at my box of spares!