Author Topic: Worst MX Injurys  (Read 12360 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Worst MX Injurys
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »
Horrifying Thread :-[

Worst MX Injuries? Haven't done a lot of MX, Have done a lot of motorcycle ridding though.

Where would I start ???

Placed disc lock just in front of the K100RS fork leg one day. Amazing when you plant it how much steam you can build before the wheel has traveled nearly one revolution ::) I laid on the deck as stunned as the Major of Hiroshima.     
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 11:32:23 pm »
Are there more people racing now than years ago? Back in the dark ages (Early seventies) there didn't seem to be many injuries. The worst you saw was maybe a broken leg and that only seemed to happen once a year or so. I don't ever remember hearing of deaths at motocross. Is there a different mentality as well these days, more a "Win at any cost"?

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »
Horrifying Thread  :-[

Worst MX Injuries? Haven't done a lot of MX, Have done a lot of motorcycle ridding though.

Where would I start  ::)

One day revving 11, to get air on the apex of a hill, some other life support system for a penis had the same intention from the opposite direction. Open faced helmet we met at the top. My teeth on to his crash hat, I continued forward like a hang glider pilot without a hang glider, all the time watching my teeth fly three foot in front of me. Until I came back down to earth, never saw the teeth again. Till this day, I continue to wonder why my tooth fairy still only drives a BMW.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:20:35 am by MICK-DE »

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 06:23:34 am »
Hi Guys,
The guy I spoke of in the first post with the broken shoulder and leg is still in a bad way and will be for ever he is going to have his arm off as the main artery to it was damaged and the blood flow was stopped . 22 years old and he is now disabled makes you think. MA are making a insurance payout but that will not give him back his life. 3 tracks in Tassie average about 50km. I just think that the bikes are too fast, tracks are to fast and riders ride beyond their capabilities. I just hope this season will be better last year 5 rounds of Tasmanian Motocross championship saw 8 broken legs, 6 broken arms/shoulders and lots of collarbone injuries with out the minor incidents of broken teeth cuts and bruises. No major neck injuries thanks to the braces that all riders are wearing. We did have a very strange one where a rider got stuck in his own back wheel and got some damage to his nuts from the back wheel and burns from the muffler. It looked horrible he went over a big table top fell off the back in the air and when he landed he caught up to the bike and went straight in under the back guard .We had to prize him out of there very carefully as he did need surgery to his testys.  :o

Ride safe

Fatboy     

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 07:08:44 am »
From my understanding the FIM has a average lap speed limit of 55kph, as long as you put in a couple of chicanes in somewhere in the lap you can make it as fast as you want
I'm pretty sure 1 of the kids that got killed over here a few years ago was from being sucked into the back of a bike, larger body is stronger in that sense

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:45:23 am »
The guy I spoke of in the first post with the broken shoulder and leg is still in a bad way and will be for ever he is going to have his arm off as the main artery to it was damaged and the blood flow was stopped . 22 years old and he is now disabled makes you think.

Well that sucks.

Young Anton probably had a chill run down his spine if he read that.

Here I am whinging about my leg that’s giving me a heap of grief.
I suspect an old spectator injury to be the cause.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 09:23:09 am »
   IMO (talking about MX) it's not about the speed it's the "jump threw the hoop" section's of the tracks today, especially the "rhythm sections" which they  wrongly call whoops! and the extreme(SX type) jumps ! mix that with powerful bike's and inexperience and you have a deadly cocktail! :-\  Keep SX section's on SX track's, MX isnt about doing tricks for the crowd it's about the racing! you still have to beat the bloke next to you without the bull shit! ???

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 03:19:21 pm »
The guy I spoke of in the first post with the broken shoulder and leg is still in a bad way and will be for ever he is going to have his arm off as the main artery to it was damaged and the blood flow was stopped . 22 years old and he is now disabled makes you think.

Well that sucks.

Here I am whinging about my leg that’s giving me a heap of grief.
I suspect an old spectator injury to be the cause.

That's really does suk. Sadly sickening :-[ I wish I had of read all the previous posts thoroughly first, I would have put my posts elsewhere or not at all :-[

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »
More for the younger vmxer's reading!!
Because the older ones have blown out carbies etc with the air compresser and have learnt earlier on in life   :)
If sharing jerry cans of fuel,make sure the yellow insert funnel is a good snug fit as 2 litres of fuel in your eyes before practise is not a nice start to the race day  :'(  :'(
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

cheapracer

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:31 pm »

Anton Alers?

It's a problem that some of the fastest machines on earth are so easily available to any kid regardless of experience - obviously road bikes are worse.

Accidents have a bit of luck involved too, the worst for me was stepping off a '97 CR250 flat in 5th gear yet walked away a little bruised however I stepped off a CZ400 just out of 1st gear into 2nd and spent the next 3 months with my arm in plaster and 17 stitches in my leg - go figure.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:53:55 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 09:28:13 am »
FB - I don't have to worry about my testys - coz after reading this they are now two little lumps hiding behind my ears!  Sorry to hear about the young fella - not nice no matter how it is looked at.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 09:32:08 am »
Now I know why I didn,t like the MX special tests in Enduros.
Glad I never took it up.
Worst injury in an Enduro was a broken little finger. :)
Trail riding and riding to work is another matter. ;D
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 09:47:27 am »
I reckon there's way more chance of a serious injury in an enduro.
I was tired and inattentive and failed to duck far enough under a fallen tree. Copped a big whack on the head, saw double, massive headache and all that - but hey, no real harm done. What really put the wind up me was thinking about the four previous laps where I'd gone under the same tree much faster and must have missed cracking my noggin by millimetres...

While I feel a ton of sympathy for people who are seriously injured while riding bikes, and hearing about them always makes me stop and think about my own vulnerability & my own place in the universe, I also know and accept the risks I take when I'm riding.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:27 am »

I was tired and inattentive and failed to duck far enough under a fallen tree. Copped a big whack on the head, saw double, massive headache and all that - but hey, no real harm done. What really put the wind up me was thinking about the four previous laps where I'd gone under the same tree much faster and must have missed cracking my noggin by millimetres...

If you were doing laps it wasn't an enduro  ;) :).

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:38 am »
You weren't there.... it hurt more than the Twelve Hour. Seriously, it was like most modern enduros with repeated trails. What was made easier by the repeated course was outweighed by the tight schedule.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.