Author Topic: stand for downpiper  (Read 2132 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
stand for downpiper
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »
can anyone reccomend a suitable stand for downpipe bikes?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: stand for downpiper
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:53:49 pm »
I use the rear Roa race one on my Flat track bikes, i have tried differant versions and made some for them over time but they alway seem to lock onto things or not side properly and are a bastared when your tired and racing.

The rear loop one like the anderson one are good they normal have to RHS sections that adjust in and pick up the bobins on the Road racers, but i have slid in my own rHS and welded a flat on the end ( of the RHS slider) so when you put them under the swing arm they cant slide off the end.  Easy to use and heaps easier to do tyre changes on as well.  I think second hand the boy racers and Road guys resell them on ebay and the like for $50 ??

Dont waste you time on makling an under stand , it will always fowl somthing when you use it, go straight for the rear swinger lift.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:07:02 pm »
thanks freaky,I allready have the roadrace type stand,my bike has a box section swingarm so it works well,however when I want to remove the swingarm or the front wheel I end up taking off the pipe & using an ordinary step on lift up stand,I also use a milkcrate with the guts cut out of it, but as you say when you are knackered from riding its a real pain in the butt to lift up & line up without any grief,I like the look of the optional stands you could get for the elsinores back in the day, but they are probably mongrels to use as well,whipps alloy do a couple of vintage stands,anyone got one,good, bad?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:37:36 pm »
Well a side stand wont let you pull out a swing arm etc.  USe the Rear at the track, and when your stuffing about in the shed use your custom made milkcrate.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

trailietrash

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 05:01:07 pm »
I've used a pair of car stands on my bikes for ages. They fit under footpegs, swingarm,  front forks and frame rails. Easier than a milk crate and dead easy to use if you still have a side stand. Also handy to put under the draw bar or rear frame on the trailer when loading and unloading bikes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:04:43 pm by trailietrash »

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:00:15 pm »
just noticed catweezel freeky, cool dude,sasasa electrickory,hes  a blast from the past.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »
thanks trailietrash,when you say car stands are you talking about the adjustable pin or ratchet type jobbies,I have the ratchet ones i,ll give em a go cheers

mx250

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 07:47:24 pm »
When I saw Stand for Downpipe I thought we had branched out into home plumbing.

;D

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:21:42 pm »
i just got a milk crate and
cut a slot where pipe goes
works for me ;)
follow me to first turn