Author Topic: rumour - a start to honour magoo  (Read 1040 times)

XS ive B/Rad

rumour - a start to honour magoo
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:24:59 pm »
The pre 75 penrith MCC will extend the annual charity fund raising event to include EVO and Pre 85 to honour the big fella! This was proposed by Pres Mark Peatman who has crashed bars sonce the mid 70's

Details as they come to hand

privately I hope there is a one off nancy boy honda luvn event, but having said that, Bruce would have loved all of his mates, like Ribbo on his maico, victor drew on his yamaha, MArk A on his Bultaco, Brad F on his posty bike, Mark Peatman on his montessa, Les Richters on his maico, Nev on his suzuki,  and all the rest of the the great unwashed too numerous to be named on their shot box non hondas

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: rumour - a start to honour magoo
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:50:46 pm »
Let me say if you want to keep anything a serect DO NOT tell XS ive B/Rad.
I hope we can welcome you on broad flight m.a.g.o.o. 10  captian and help the club to make this as good or better than the pre 75 meeting you put on a couple years ago. i won the sticker kit from bruce that year.
Rumour i heard is that the club as forgo the pre 75 charity fund raising event for this year and are going to hold something like The Bruce MacFarland Memorial Ride Day on the August weekend but it will be opened to bikes up to pre 1985/Evolution only. sorry forgot the sidecars
The format would run like the pre 75 weekend
practice on Saturday start around lunch time-ish them pre 75 only 25 lap dash on the Saturday afternoon.
Camp onsite Saturday night have a couple of beers, talk bulls#%t, throw a Bultaco on the fire,dance the dance of the burning bottoms,tape,cable tie and face paint the first who falls asleep, have a fight with the local kangroos and make love to the caretaker`s sheep.
Sunday raceday  the format could change if we get a big turn up we must remember that this is a rumor
any way should this go into the vinage track page as it a dirt track meeting

XS ive B/Rad

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:36:28 pm »
I didn't know it was secret, wasn't it voted unanimously at last Wed club meeting? I wasn't there but someone who was told me... and I am excited!

Oh well,

what ever the format will be, the powers to be will no doubt, make it a  wonderful gathering and memorial to a great bloke, incidentally the club meeting and decision was on the same day Bruce would have turned 50, a well timed gesture!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:10:19 pm »
I wasn't there but someone who was told me...

:D  love it  ;D
Best is in the West !!