Author Topic: Pre 78 with QVMX - info needed  (Read 6778 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Pre 78 with QVMX - info needed
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:39:42 pm »
Any QVMX members, I'm in need of some advice. I'm planning to come up to ride Coles Creek in May and I want to bring my 75 RM125M. Is there a Pre 78 125 class? And can you ride up at all? How many races would I get on the 125?

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 78 with QVMX - info needed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:08:25 pm »
Hi Graeme

you would be able to have 2 rides per round, your class and 1 bike rider class x 3 rounds = 6 races at least with some all-in's at the end of the day.

Cheers Trev

also known as "tape worm" by some mean bastards, just because i use to make Honda jokes ;D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:38:32 pm »
Sounds good Trev. I assume the single bike rider class is an all-in affair? That's my kinda race, I'm no fan of capacity based classes I must admit. Can you enter on the day, and is there day membership? Although... I may try to make it up for another round later in the year so I guess I could join for the year.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 08:14:19 pm »
yeah, enter on the day $40, you buy a one day lic $44 if you dont have a MA lic, and join the club$30 for the year so you can ride later in the year. send the sec an email to let them know your coming and they might put on a party, (just watch out for those honda riders) hey you dont have a reg trailbike do ya, there is a couple of spots opened up for the ride for Magoo? which is on the 1st May and then just camp at the track Saturday night with 090 and the boys!

cheers Trev

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:18:42 pm by worms »

STW996

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:04:32 am »
Graeme, You can always throw a leg over one off my bikes for Coles Creek if you like for an extra ride.

Shane

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:25 am »
Hey thanks Shane, could be tempted by that!

I'm planning to make a week of it and see family while I'm up there, so wouldn't get to Qld until the Saturday arvo which means I wouldn't be able to do the trailride, even if I had a registerable bike. But the camping over thing could be a goer, depending on how things are going.

Please make sure that you put on some good weather too!

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 10:08:09 am »
You'll love it at Coles Creek Graeme.Down load the 2010 membership form from the qvmx website and send it off with your $30.Worms is right you should get plenty of riding time on the day.Sounds like you won't have too much trouble doubling up on another bike as well.

STW996

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 10:19:05 am »
Tight arse bastards when I rode last year at the Crawford river they let me us my QLD membership.

Graeme, I'd pay the 30 bucks for you.

After all your website promotes our club and sport!!!!!!!!!

Shane

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 10:26:38 am »
grumpy old man!, but i agree with you mate, spot on, i will pay your ride fee for ya Graeme so all we need now is to sort out ya lic ;D

Cheers Worms

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 11:11:55 am »
Dunno that the $30 had me TOO worried, but I do appreciate the gesture. Thanks! I'll send off a membership and become a dinky-di member of QVMX. Licence wise I'm fine, I have a National licence so no probs there anyway.

And yes, Coles Creek is brilliant. I'm always envious of you Queenslanders - when I see the piccies of Coles Creek and Nudgee and the other tracks that QVMX and BMCC get to race on, all within a few hours of Brisbane. The nearest event to me here for the HEAVEN races is about 5 hours away with most 6-7 hours. That's like you guys travelling to Rocky for a race! I'm so glad that HEAVEN are doing Canowindra again this year as it's just 2 hours up the road.

You know, I've worked out that it's probably cheaper for me to leave a bike in Qld and fly up to do races there than it is to ride here! Might think about that next year.

And I still have it in mind to one day get back there for a ride at an Action park dirt track race... One day.

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 11:51:29 am »
And I still have it in mind to one day get back there for a ride at an Action park dirt track race... One day.

I'll keep you posted. 

Cheers,
Steve
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

STW996

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 11:53:18 am »
Action Park, now thats a time-warp that place. Went through there about two months ago and looked at the place and still looks the same (oil track and all) as when I raced there in the late 70's!!

Shane
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:24:52 pm by STW996 »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:23 pm »
bloody hell, you are old ;D

Worms

STW996

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 01:36:33 pm »
Bloody Concreters (or in this case concrete suppliers) when it is raining they have nothing better to do than rag on us good Honda folk

Shane

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 01:50:45 pm »
how do you become a honda folk, i know it's a religion but what church do i go too?

worms