Author Topic: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania  (Read 75201 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic MX Nationals 6th-9th June Tasmania
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2008, 06:50:50 pm »
yeah Magoo - I raced previously at Symmons Plains - at 3 O'clock in the afternoon it peaked at 2 degrees and after riding through the creek crossing brass monkeys wasn't the right word.

Speaking of which - the 81 Nationals at Symmons - I was there to but didn't ride on the day - helped the local Honda rider Peter McKay.

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2008, 12:03:53 am »
OK on advise i went out and bought some granpa undergarmenttttts.   Geeze it better be cold down there in 2 weeks or i might have to play fancy dress with the missus so they get some use.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

scrampics

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2008, 08:17:32 pm »

Gorby, Fatboy and Thomo last year at their best with the Tas Scramble Club.  These are just three photos that I was fortunate enough to be able to have taken.  The club was mad enough to let me on track to take some photos of my Hubby and young son.  Next thing, 'Hey you can do presentation photos for the end of year awards...' :o  Anyway survived that and now I am looking forward to with eager anticipation, the Classic Nationals next month.  ;D

Hopefully the sun will shine and I can try my best at snapping a pic of you all belting around the track that has been lovingly crafted by the boys here.  All the photos that I take will be launched on my site that I have through Google.  http://picasaweb.google.com/scrampics If its sunny there will be lots :) If its cloudy, not as many as movement and low light don't mix :(   Feel free to take a look(at the competition).  Look forward to seeing you all soon.  Can't wait

scrampics

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:11 pm »
Me again.  Just realised that the photo order is Fatboy(in case you didn't guess) Gorby and Thomo.  If I didn't correct it, I'd know about it  ::) ;D

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2008, 10:59:02 pm »
So Gorby is x82 if I read your description correctly? That's really interesting riding gear he has on.
I haven't seen anything quite like it - but I haven't been to Tasmania.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2008, 11:45:08 pm »
Hes doing a wombat combat impersonation..............
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

scrampics

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2008, 08:26:04 am »
 82x is Gorby. :)  If there was racing, you would need the new thermals this morning, we live on the East Coast, little over a 1 1/2 hours from the track and it is -4 degrees here this morning.  We have no water at the moment.  Little nippy  :o

scrampics

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2008, 08:48:23 am »

From our front gate just a few minutes ago.  As you can see, bush all around, Hubby doesn't have far to go for a ride.  Bring along the woolies :)

scrampics

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2008, 06:11:07 pm »
  We're very lucky.  Hubby justs creeps along quietly so as not to upset the neighbours and then once he's in the bush, well that's different! ;D  Also, down the road a little, at Fingal, it was -8!

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2008, 07:58:55 pm »
hello wombat,
                  my riding gear tends to bring comments :D.
Its what I use for trailriding as well.
I use a cutdown Smith goggle facemask setup to keep roost out of my nose and mouth.
The coat is an ex army surplus item that keeps me warm when its cold and breathes pretty well when its
hot.
The pants are chap style overpants made out of ripstop canvas that has been crash tested on coarse gravel several times.
Fatboy reckons they are my goatherding pants and once almost started a donation collection to buy me some "proper" trousers !

If you look hard you can see that the front wheel is off the ground ;D ;D scary power ;D

photo courtesy of scrampics

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2008, 03:13:21 pm »
BIg shout out and thanks to Hoey racing suspension for fixing my dead shocker, freaky now has a bike that works.    :o

BRing on Tassie im excited now i got shit that actually works !   ;D

Big big thanx peter H. 8)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:16:21 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2008, 03:18:53 pm »
Gorby  -  I got a size 34 set of shift race pants you can have or anyone for that matter for $30, good nick, just my waist tell me they are now to tight.

will be brinigng to tassie ifinyou got youth that want em also.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:20:29 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2008, 03:23:46 pm »
wwwwwwhhhhhhhhooooooooooooppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee
GO Freaky

Hey Gorby,
The outfit is cool ,you look like a character of Return of the Yedi ..real warrior ;)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2008, 05:24:43 pm »
i was thinking more toe cutter from mad max or coffin cheater perhaps ?

and thats what i said Ali,just not as many letters more like just a woohoo... when peter was up to his arsehole in shock builds with guys lining out the door trying to pick shit up for this weekends murray bridge State title opener he still took the time to help me out on the spot.......... thats personal service we all crave.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:13:32 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's