Author Topic: Hmmmmm if I had the money  (Read 3697 times)

All Things 414

Re: Hmmmmm if I had the money
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 06:41:55 am »
Why would you part with something like that? ???. You'd be kicking yourself for the rest of your life.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:34:45 am »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:53:04 am »
Waste of a good set of Fox forx and shocks if you ask me. They belong on a real MX bike, not a dirty old glorified trail bike! Oh yeah, I hate HL's too!
Cheers,
K

mx250

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:12:09 am »
Waste of a good set of Fox forx and shocks if you ask me. They belong on a real MX bike, not a dirty old glorified trail bike! Oh yeah, I hate HL's too!
Cheers,
K
;D

But they sure look pruddy and sound neat ;) 8).

firko

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:11:53 am »
I hate HL's too!
This is the same philosophy Magoo and I argued continuously. He didn't "get" why anyone would race a 4 stroke, in fact besides his dislike of Kevin Rudd or any politcs left of Johnny Howard, four strokes weren't far behind on his shit list. ;D

Hate is such an ugly word. ::) I reckon there's a place for all strokes in our sport...variety is what seperates us from modern racing. While I prefer two strokes I love seeing (and hearing) trick four strokes at a meeting. HL's, C&Js, CCMs and even humble old stock framed luggers. These bikes often display mechanical ingenuity and tricks never seen on two stroke racers.

Having said that, the above bike is a little bit pricy, no matter how much bling and pizazz it has.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 11:13:29 am »
I hate HL's too!
Hate is such an ugly word. ::) I reckon there's a place for all strokes in our sport...variety is what seperates us from modern racing. While I prefer two strokes I love seeing (and hearing) trick four strokes at a meeting. HL's, C&Js, CCMs and even humble old stock framed luggers. These bikes often display mechanical ingenuity and tricks never seen on two stroke racers.

Funny one of the things I love about VMX is that there is no need to be politically correct… but it is better to love than hate!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

DR

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:34 am »
mmm..I'm also of the thought's that if you want something, build it. I reckon the Honda looks great 8) I'd also reckon with a decent pilot it'd whip many so called 'real mx bikes' and lastly I'd have to agree, it's kinda way over priced. Peace brothers ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:25 am »
haha - I love all bikes and pretty much hate all politicians - so is that politically correct?

but really the great thing about the old bikes is their uniqueness's. (is that a real word?) Ken Smith wrote a great peice in VMX once about getting excited with the twin cylinder Aprillia's when they came out.He was right on the money in my book. As a kid I used to get excited about seeing the new models come in then very gradually my interest got less and less and I would be checking out the interesting second hand bikes instead.Now days even the second hand bike in the shops are boring - too similar. Thank God for the VMX scene for keeping the world an interesting place.(slight exaggeration there but ..)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:03 am »
haha - I love all bikes and pretty much hate all politicians - so is that politically correct?

No it is just a logical reaction to all the crap that emanates from your average Pollie.

Bikes are a form of escape from the day to day repetition of life… and politicians are one of the first things any sensible person would be trying to escape from!!

Put it this way I fill my shed with all stuff I really like… but I wouldn't let a pollie within a mile of the front door. It's my world and they aren't welcome.

Yeah the Honda is neat, but expensive. And as you say one of the great things about VMX are all the odd ball interpretations of what a dirt bike should be. More like a form of art if you ask me. The things that emerge from the average shed are far more exciting that some other new 4 stroke clone [with or without overpriced bling].

The thing I love about Classic Dirt [other than the great people] is wandering around taking in all the creativity on show. Bloody fantastic!!!
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:45:34 pm »
I like the way you think Mate!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:54:10 am »
Cheers,
K

Barbarian, anyway I think Fox Forx belong in a glass case given what you sold your last set for.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 03:17:22 pm »
I don't mind CCM's, go figure?
Cheers,
K

Offline giler

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 08:27:18 pm »
Saw it at Telford and stood there drooling for ages, love it!
We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time!