Author Topic: put your bike in a hat  (Read 6931 times)

mcmuffin

put your bike in a hat
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
It just hit me.You go to the starting line with your piece of bike.Or very expensive mogen ,then andy marshall lets you pick a bike out of the hat..you have got one minute to get to know your new stead.5 up 2 down .the gate drops ..... and then you race it as best you can,Three laps.It would be vvvvveeeery interesting at the finish.Oh we would have to rig simon healy with a moped or a 465 or simalar ...what do you think lets have some fun.Or is this just to freaky.....commonn.ps imagine a 414 (motor only ) gettin  to the corner first and  then  plowing the paddock out back.wow ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:19:18 pm by mcmuffin »

mcmuffin

Re: put your bike in a hat
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:15:47 pm »
come on what is everyone waiting for say something anything.. :-\

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:19 pm »
 ??? ::)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »
I always wondered how Freaskshow would sound if he had just polished off a bottle of tequila.

Now I know.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:00:25 am »
And here I was thinking the last three glasses of Merlot had done a job on me.  ???
come on what is everyone waiting for say something anything
I think you've said it all Muffy.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 12:17:54 am by firko »

mx250

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 05:44:49 am »
I think he's suggestion a 'swingers meeting' where you swap bikes (and not wivies ;) :)).

An interesting concept although I don't know if  would like the responsibility of someone racing my bike.

mainline

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 07:13:53 am »
I always thought "mogens" were fairly cheap? ;D

All Things 414

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 07:39:59 am »
God I can't wait for Bluerock.... ;)
I think it's a great idea but where would I carry all those spare Hoonda kick-starters if I got one of your bikes?  :-\

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:01:07 am »
Sorry mcmuffin i couldn`t do it, you would never get back on your Honda`s.   Peter.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:41 pm »
I'd probably end up on a farm bike! Couldn't have that.
Cheers,
K

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 02:28:52 pm »
Sounds good to me....for those worried about their bikes being trashed, put in a "you break, you pay" clause.

firko

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 03:32:05 pm »
I don't mind letting others ride my bikes, I'm not that precious about them. My only stipulation being that I get to choose who rides it, not drawing some number in a hat bit of bullshit. There are some guys I wouldn't let near my bikes and I'd like to control that part of the deal.

What seems like a good idea when you're pissed usually turn to shit the morning after.

All Things 414

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 04:19:50 pm »
Fark. When we go out to play we just jump from one bike to the next. They're motocross bikes..... :P

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »
I don't mind letting others ride my bikes, I'm not that precious about them. My only stipulation being that I get to choose who rides it, not drawing some number in a hat bit of bullshit. There are some guys I wouldn't let near my bikes and I'd like to control that part of the deal.

My thoughts exactly.

While there are definitely some butchers out there, the reality is that if the owner can race it without having it spontaneously combust, then 99.9% of riders probably can ride it without having it spontaneously combust...

If your bike is so fragile/fussy that you don't trust a mate to ride it, then you built it wrong! :)

(And a big shout out to the many people who have trusted me with their bikes over the last few years - I was going to list them, but realised that there were too many... Thanks to you all).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 06:00:47 pm »
I would just bring along a piece of shit so it wouldn't matter. A barn find TS185 comes to mind.  :P