Author Topic: CD7 questions  (Read 4724 times)

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
CD7 questions
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »
As a newbie to the vmx scene, can someone tell me about CD7. I've looked at the Suzuki website and seen the flyer, looked at all the pics of last year, and am keen to attend this year. Do you have to book or just turn up? What about camping, first in best dressed, or do you reserve a site? Is there someone to book in with, or does everybody just lob on Friday, pay their money and ride Sat/Sun? Sorry if this is silly, but never done one of these before, so want to know what the go is.

Cheers
Adam
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

DR

Re: CD7 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:06:18 pm »
Adam, all you have to do is turn up, pay the man at the gate and proceed to have the fattest time of your life on any old bike ;) no MA license required and no booking needed (my type of event ;D) there is space to burn and as stated..Green Park is the perfect venue. Trials, enduro, mx or simply puttering around looking and yapping..4 days isn't enough!! I think last year it worked out to roughly $75 all up in camping fee's and admission but that's cheap when you consider what is on offer and the entertainment provided ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »
Just think old bring your swag, esky,old worn hat and a packet of throat lozenge's for some serious talking (bench racing)...well that's what I envisage it too be,soon to be confirmed   :P  . aahh and your old bike- anything pre85  8)

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=8150.0
Best is in the West !!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:58:21 pm »
and now for the most valuable snippet of information you'll ever recieve in reguards to Conondale's CD7,
make sure your tent pegs are no longer than 200mm ;D :D
or things could get a little "wet" underfoot...
 :D ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03:02 pm »
and now for the most valuable snippet of information you'll ever recieve in reguards to Conondale's CD7,

there always some old fella that remembers the floods of yesteryear   ;)   :D
cheers
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:15:13 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:01 pm »
OK thanks guys, just rock up and have fun, sounds like a lot of fun. Better get my finger out organising the trip.

Cheers
Adam
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
Just a quick clarification - if you are going to ride and don't already have an MA Licence, you can buy a temporary MA licence for the duration of the event to be able to ride.  If you're not going to ride, even that is not required.  ;D

Yes, unlike some other events  ::), all you have to do is turn up and pay on the day to get in.  Easy.  ;)

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 07:09:57 pm »
Vandy, so who drove the peg in  ;D   not me ...no no not me .. he did it  :D

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 07:14:44 pm »

apparently the tent pitching "Sup Regs" require all pegs to be presented at "Camping Examination" this of course excludes all Suzuki Footpegs as that could see the event run overtime.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 07:16:15 pm »
Vandy, so who drove the peg in  ;D   not me ...no no not me .. he did it  :D

i think it was one of those Piano riding blokes YZ250H or YZHilly who were the water diviners  ;)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 08:32:08 pm »

Geez, you blokes are never going to let that go are you  ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry - thanks to an un-named smartass (mainline) I have the offending piece of pipe with the tent peg hole and am making it into the "shit happens" / "what are the odds of that" trophy.  It will be presented to someone (most likely a forum member) that has a bit of trouble (hopefully humourous) over the CD7 week-end.  One of the very few occassions where it will be acceptable to "dob in a mate"  ;) ;D

I still shake my head to this day - I swear to God we were in the middle of no mans land - you drive a tent peg and hit water - what the hell  :o :o :o

Adam - You will have the time of your life mate, be sure to come and say Gidday.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

mainline

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 09:59:57 pm »
ahh good times....

Vandy's instructions to me when I arrived....

"park the ute over here, there's a wet spot, and we don't want people walking through it"

and then

"well, there's a few plumbers here now, we might go for a walk around and do some sight-seeing" (or words to that effect ;D)

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 10:20:13 pm »
I only remember one plumber, who yelled at us for doin it wrong, 3 laborers and a peanut galley ;D ;D Thanks for the beer :D :D

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies