Author Topic: The Legend  (Read 942 times)

DR

The Legend
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:04 pm »
My good friend in the US, John 'Buz' Sharra just returned from the awards night at Miami and sent me this picture. This is legendary stuff and there's every possibility he'll repeat this feat in 2010. One of the nicest and most helpfull guys in the vintage scene I've ever met both here and abroad and best of all..he rides and has always ridden Suzuki's ;D ;D ;D triple champ but 1 plate is yet to come ;) I'll show it off for ya Buzzy no worries mate, no need to be shy about these things :D

Offline suzukimx

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 02:00:00 pm »
DOC--some one on the TM suzuki site said you did this --ok --but remember in the middle of the season when i was having some engine problems ??--yea where did i get the answer to keep going --and the cross over info on the rear hub and wheel  ?? and those two mates LEITH and LUKE  over on the PE  site with their knowledge and BOB H in the UK with his keep going pep talks --and my welder in CT--these old TMs do not like doubles  esp. when you face them --but most were grass tracks --no i had a lot of help and the fact that it was the first year of retirement and no worries about work--just wanted to show that the CAT was BACK --and where the hell did you get MIAMI ?? of all places the awards dinner was right near the HARLY DAVIVSON factory in YORK PA ---i only rode them --keeping them running was the hard part !!  thanks to you guys down under that put up with this stubborn  SWAMP YANKEE !!---cheers to you guys and we sure have chills up this way ---buzzymx45
member MSC since 1968 as #45/AMA dist2/34-#45--ACR as #45 and AHRMA #45D--LONG LIVE 125 TWO STROKES

DR

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:36 pm »
 :D ah Buzzy you are too modest my man! I had no idea where the awards were but you mentioned Mia in one of you mails so the natural assumption for me was Miami ::) jeez..you guys have far too many states and cities..you need to drop about 43 of em' and keep it simple like us down here ;D

on a side note, did you know Harley almost pulled the plug on 1 of the 2 York facilities last month which would have put 1950 people out of work. Instead the company drafted a new seven-year labour agreement out of the York facility that will supposedly give it greater flexibility and lower the operation costs so it remains....for now ;) a sign of the times or what!

DR

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:29 pm »
Now you have a cult following, have you considered...

;) ;D