Author Topic: nice pt 2  (Read 3740 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: nice pt 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 01:13:59 am »
Now that is NICE, way nicer than Nice8)  http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=11313.0
He's covered all bases for the buyer ,,even tells you how far to drive from West Oz to him and the flights.  :P
Wow wow bike of the year  8)   :P

Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »
someone REALLY wants it  :o
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:17:32 pm »
It's a sweet ESO but I'd rather Black Betty. Alans got three unit ESO engines now, one a 350. I'm a bit vague on this stuff but he reckons the eBay bike has a later speedway Jawa head. No biggy but it's not as originals as David the seller reckons.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:20 pm »
Firko Firko Firko,
I'm disappointed that you think that youd rather Black Betty.
Black Betty is rickman mettiise style all over again...
where as the ESo on ebay is to die for, a rare classic,and pre 65 delight.  8) 8)
oh well, each to his own  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:31:34 pm »
Each to his own Paul. I've ridden one of those ESOs and Ive ridden Betty and there is no comparison. The ESO is heavy, handles like a river barge and has no brakes worth mentioning. Betty on the other hand does it all really well using the same engine. I doubt there'd be a better built pre 65 bike in the country.

Betty's'actually much rarer than the ESO, being one of only two ESO Metisse frames ever made. The other one is owned by John Wilson in Scotland. The ESO unit engine won't fit in a standard MkIII Metisse frame.

Having made my bias clear I do admit that the eBay ESO is a very cool bike and I'd own it in a heartbeat as a garage queen. It's just that the ESO wasn't a very good race bike in its day. It's all about whether you want a cool racer or a cool keeper.

Alan is looking for an ESO frame or roller for one of his engines so if someone has one under a tarp in the shed, you know who to call.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:18:47 am »
Each to his own Paul. I've ridden one of those ESOs and Ive ridden Betty and there is no comparison. The ESO is heavy, handles like a river barge and has no brakes worth mentioning. Betty on the other hand does it all really well using the same engine. I doubt there'd be a better built pre 65 bike in the country.
Betty's'actually much rarer than the ESO, being one of only two ESO Metisse frames ever made. The other one is owned by John Wilson in Scotland. The ESO unit engine won't fit in a standard MkIII Metisse frame.
Having made my bias clear I do admit that the eBay ESO is a very cool bike and I'd own it in a heartbeat as a garage queen. It's just that the ESO wasn't a very good race bike in its day. It's all about whether you want a cool racer or a cool keeper.
Alan is looking for an ESO frame or roller for one of his engines so if someone has one under a tarp in the shed, you know who to call.

yep some times its just the looks that does it.. :P . isn't the above ebay  ESO authentic with no hybrid parts etc.?
it'd keep the class alive anyway  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:49:20 am »
Jonesy tells me the head is off a speedway Jawa. They're almost the same but for some very minor differences, the most obvious being that rocker covers are different and aren't interchangable. Everything else seem pretty original. It's a nice bike but you wouldn't actually race one because as well as the bad handling and weight, the gearboxes are piss poor and parts are nearly impossible to find. That's the main reason Bettys racing is limited to dirt track...to save the gearbox. Now Als got a couple of spare engines from Sweden we might see her in action in more motocross events. But then he's got these for MX...........................

One of the earliest Cheneys in existence from the early 60s with Matchless G85CS ex works engine formerly raced by Brian Curtis in the UK and the Scaysbrook brothers here.

or

1959 works replica Monark 500 GP under construction.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:53:23 am by firko »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:55 am »
Firko Firko Firko,
I'm disappointed that you think that youd rather Black Betty.
Black Betty is rickman mettiise style all over again...

Rickman singles have a touch of the Buell Blast about them, its like you have been short changed a cylinder.

But i agree with Firko Black Betty is probably the best of the best.

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
Funny you mention the Buell Blast Marc...I came within a smidge of buying the Blast currently for sale on vft.org but the blokes communication skills left a lot to be desired so I politely withdrew from the deal. I know, I've heard all the stories about "half a Harley" and all that but I figured it'd be a cool cappuchino cruiser.
Like ATKs and Canondales, these American flops are as cheap as chips but watch them go up in the future. You couldn't build a cafe racer this cool for three times the price.

Buell Blast
2003  550cc   BUELL BLAST - Very clean with only 650 original miles..orange. Will deliver to Daytona in march!!!

asking $2,250 O.B.O.

Call Rick at 717-367-8940   Must Sell!!    Must Sell!!     Make me an offer!!!

mainline

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:21 am »

what's with the suss looking packages on the workbench Firko? Are we looking to get into drag-racing ;D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »
Funny you mention the Buell Blast Marc...I came within a smidge of buying the Blast currently for sale on vft.org but the blokes communication skills left a lot to be desired so I politely withdrew from the deal. I know, I've heard all the stories about "half a Harley" and all that but I figured it'd be a cool cappuchino cruiser.

The earlier Blasts were dire for overheating and couldn't drag a sailor off your sister. Not sure about their collectability. Plus there is some discussion about just how committed HD are to providing spares for Buells, try buying an external front disc rotor.

I can't understand Buell, they went down the shithouse building their piss poor 1125CR engine, when the had bikes like the XBRR.
formerly Marc.com