Author Topic: Best Shocks to buy  (Read 11009 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Best Shocks to buy
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 11:15:51 pm »
1. ohlins
2. white power
3. works performance
4.ts185 shocks ;)
follow me to first turn

jim goose

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 12:02:02 am »
you shood be using ysss suspention i herd it is th best

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 01:19:41 am »
why do these always degenerate to personal attacks - somebody wants advice and somebody has to criticise an opinion :P
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

DR

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:08 am »
1. ohlins
2. white power
3. works performance
4.ts185 shocks Wink

I was going to suggest option 4. TS185 shocks Russ but I didn't think anyone would take me seriously ;D besides, you won't find any as I have collected each and every one globally for 'all' my future projects ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 12:58:24 pm »

Now I assume Freakshow will make one of his very revealing and unbiased posts  ::) regarding YSS

My Montesa VF250 has YSS shocks, fork emulators and fork springs. Took 5 days from order to delivery for the shocks  ;). A little longer for the Forks as Les @ Mainly Maico (NSW YSS support) took the time to design the adaptors to install the emulators and new springs. They where nearly perfect first ride  ;D.

Naturally this is only my view supported by my own experience. I am sure that many other brands are also excellent.

"Sorry Sir , as they say I was only trying to state some facts . Sorry for posting facts ".

'Naturally this is as you say is only based on your experiance' and by the look of your post you had to pay someone to do all the fitting anyway,  modify an adaptor to make them work, like thats straight out the box stuff ::),  so after all the work and rooting around....ohhh and money to pay to get somthing to actually work as it should, i guess you would  want to be happy.  ;)

technoflex  exist still  - http://www.technoflex.nl/en/index.htm

But i agree with the other guys, there are so many good period shocks out there worth spending a few bucks on repairing why wouldnt you ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:04:54 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mainline

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 06:24:53 pm »
Posted by: Nathan S 
Insert Quote
as the veteran of too many flame wars myself

Is this yet another George Lucas prequel?

All Things 414

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 07:38:19 pm »
I've been more than happy with the YSS shocks that are on one of my 414's. Walt hadn't made any up of that model for that bike before so we had to do a bit of fiddling (as you do). He was more than happy to make the neccesary changes to the bodies and the valving and that bike sticks to the turf like shit to a blanket. I've been happy with them..... :)

closed circle

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 08:32:05 pm »
Get your old ones reconditioned most people dont relise that its cheaper and keeps the bike origional
Might be the voices in my head making the spelin mistakes

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 09:50:47 pm »
Posted by: Nathan S 
Insert Quote
as the veteran of too many flame wars myself

Is this yet another George Lucas prequel?

Um, no. But while I was thinking of Star Wars quotes to bastardise ("Use the gel, Luke, use the gel", "Give in to your hair care products - feel the awesome power of the toner", etc), I realised that the ideal quote for this thread comes direct from A New Hope, with no tweaking required:

"Turn off the computer"
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mainline

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »
 :D c'mon, you're the one with Wookie hair ;D

montynut

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 10:55:25 pm »
Thank you Freakshow you confirmed my original post ::)

Obviously you have an important job in Krudd's PM Department your full of spin, fiction and little substance. Not forgetting the most important quality fair minded debate ;) you seem full of that :D NOT!

What, how, why or when I choose to do work or mods to my bikes is totally irrelevant to the topic being discussed. As the topic clearly started with a request for ideas and experiences regarding shocks to fit a VMX bike nothing more and nothing less. I passed on my experience regarding YSS. Just contradicting and belittling everyone elses opinion and experience is......................well childish.

Yes I did bait you but surely, given many of your posts you could not be hypocritical enough to jump in like a school yard bully ::) with the name calling, lame accusations and assertions.

You obviously have some issue with YSS which may or may not be relevant to the topic, who knows?

I have bikes with YSS, Works Performance, Betor (twin shock trials) and NJB shocks (twin shock trials) and the only ones I have been somewhat disappoint with are the Betors yet many others find them excellent.

Whatever is your issue with YSS you need to move on :)

Enough said  :-X

Hornet

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 11:18:12 pm »
Thank yours for your support; it can be a bit frustrating sometimes. When you defend yourself it can turn into a catfight, if you ignore the jibs, it appears you agree. But on a happy note, we built some shocks last year for the man that cleaned up many classes in Conondale, and today he has just placed another order. I think we still are on the right track and will continue to support the people that support us. I always said: “If you are happy, tell others, if you are not happy, tell US “

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 11:42:27 pm »
I Luv yas  all  . you  Too . And i when i get the cash spare in 2010 YSS is going to smooth out my monoshock 465 . After riding a YSS Equipped CR500 i was more than happy with the jock filling capabilities . thanks hilly
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 03:27:24 pm »
I got four voices in my head too.... one of them is mine the other 3 are from the you know who...

Rachelle, Nimmo, Mc Muffin ......

And i had exceptional service from YSS when i needed a shock rebuild. Highly recommended by Me.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

montynut

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 04:09:00 pm »
Yes Paul, shocking absolutely shocking  ;) :). Sorry couldn't help myself. There also seems something forked about the whole thing as well  :D