Author Topic: G5 oil pump..can it be removed without mods?  (Read 2555 times)

DR

G5 oil pump..can it be removed without mods?
« on: January 17, 2010, 11:32:30 am »
simple question as stated, I've a G5 on the go and whilst not overly important I was wondering if these bikes are like the suzuki's in the fact the oil pump injects directly to the main and bigend and should not be removed without removal of the oil slinger as well?

DR

Re: G5 oil pump..can it be removed without mods?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:16 am »
the answer I've discovered is, yes ;)

DR

some trimmings not finished quite obviously but starting to take a wee little bit of  'alien' form..::)

the engine actually runs very well..till I start messing with it that is :D

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:15:20 pm »
seat looks a bit hard for my likings  ;D

DR

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:32:11 pm »
mmm..without actually sitting on it I assume you maybe right there Stew ;) I'll bungy strap a pillow on before you ride ok ;D I know you secretly want to! ::)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »
The exhaust pipe looks good on it. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

DR

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 08:32:50 am »
 ;) thanks Frosty, about the best part of the whole deal is the exhaust but I may have wasted my time fitting it.

Spent a day yesterday trying all sorts of things to make it happen and got nowhere so the project is abandoned for now. The G5 has a weird build where by it's too low and too short at the rear and the forks are too long at front. It needs bloody long shocks to make the bike in general sit half assed 'level' even with the stock forks slid an inch up in the clamps. It really is a spastic thing to try modify. The pic above has 2 inch shorter/2mm smaller dia forks and the smaller 18' front wheel fitted, it also has 2 inch longer shocks to get the rear to the right altitude and it still only sits half right in my eyes. I'll get back to it when I have more time (a few months) but it's proving to be one of the most difficult traily conversions I've ever attempted and it's all for nothing so far ::) ya get that :D

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »
Looks cool Doc  8) did you see if the TS90 pipe fitted just out of interest  :-\ jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:43 pm »
My favourite sentimental Kawka Traily Doc ;) 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

DR

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:28 pm »
Jimson no, I never tried the TS90 pipe as I wanted a chamber and preferably low slung at that. I was going to try and make it a bit of a Greenstreak looking thing but it's getting further removed from that ideal the longer I tool around with it. Bit more swapping of bits today and all I can say is with the bits I fitted today it should be low enough to go around corners ;D Tim, I'm fond of the tiddlers also, probably because I don't have to get involved in any type of bidding frenzy to own them and also because I love the look of the late 60's/early 70's US style dirt track modified trailies. Also it's a rotary valve and I love rotary valve engines in any form or capacity ;D

DR

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:43 am »
okies, think I have this project by the short and curlies now :P need to hunt up a couple of half used 3.50x18 trials universals to replace the 4.00x18's fitted as it's way over tyre'd, fit the fork brace and dinner plate rear sprocket, construct a seat then I'll get to and give her a buff up and that should just about do it..least I doubt anyone else will have the same and I highly doubt anyone else would even be bothered :D all in fun ;)