Author Topic: Go the mighty YAMMYS  (Read 4355 times)

ted

Go the mighty YAMMYS
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »
Maybe this will silence those MAICO 81 lovers

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: Go the mighty YAMMYS
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:59:14 pm »
Nice Work Ted . Gally your  a forking Legend . !!!
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:35:38 am »
He didn't exactly win on a production bike either.  :P

ted

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 06:32:01 am »
Yammys win on a not exactly production bike against everybody elses not exactly production bike is still a win for Yamaha...BOOM BOOM

albrid-3

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:19:50 am »
 Its all great to keep giving these riders praise and glory, lets look at it in the real world, Put them on the bikes that we had to ride, with no mods, use the same rings and piston fork seals for a full season,  no back up spares, no machanic, mow lawns and work after school for 5 bucks a week to buy the bikes each year, pay for entries, pay for fuel, win a few race, prize money for a win, put the prize money in the car and drive home, no father to back up, see how good they are, seen it all with guys like gary o`brien, gary flood, trevor flood, mike landman, steve cramer, and the list goes. All backed. There has been plenty of other fellows dueing the years that were just as good if not better, But didn`t get the recognition.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:11 am »
.... Put them on the bikes that we had to ride, with no mods, use the same rings and piston fork seals for a full season,  no back up spares, no machanic ....

Sounds like a damn good reason to own a Yamaha to me.

Although I'm surprised that Dave is still carrying a chip on his shoulder after all these years.
Hmmm... On second thoughts, maybe I'm not surprised.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:53 am »
Its all great to keep giving these riders praise and glory, lets look at it in the real world, Put them on the bikes that we had to ride, with no mods, use the same rings and piston fork seals for a full season,  no back up spares, no machanic, mow lawns and work after school for 5 bucks a week to buy the bikes each year, pay for entries, pay for fuel, win a few race, prize money for a win, put the prize money in the car and drive home, no father to back up, see how good they are, seen it all with guys like gary o`brien, gary flood, trevor flood, mike landman, steve cramer, and the list goes. All backed. There has been plenty of other fellows dueing the years that were just as good if not better, But didn`t get the recognition.
But they all start out the same way. They simply stood out as they were BETTER riders!
Steve had the works bike to get the job done. He could have won on any brand, especially a Maico. The Maico would have been stock as you can't improve on perfection. BOOM back at ya. lol. 

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 09:32:28 am »
Maybe we can get Gally on a Maico breako at CD7 this year and ask him what he thinks?, I bet there will be a line up of people to push start the sucker!!!. A good rider is a good rider, doesnt matter what there on they will win and at the end of the day money talks.... bullshit walks... the japs had all the money so they had all the best riders. end of story. Awesome front number plate if I may say so myself!!! ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:48:49 am »
Say what you like about Maicos , but up to and including 1981 (1980 maybe an exeption) they were a great bike out of the box and would make an average rider look good ;)

Even the factory bikes were just blueprinted stockers  8)

If Maico had the budget of the Japs (to buy riders ) there trophy cabinet would be a lot bigger

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 11:34:09 am »
just to let you all know steve galls first race bikes were mx yamahas while he was a apprentice.he won on them so he got better bikes the rest is history.
this was at nepean early 70s.his actual 1st race was on a xr75/big bore honda he came 3rd only just as the cz250 i was riding was quicker down the back straight at nepean.next club day he was 1st on the mx yamahas
jim

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 02:35:09 pm »
I can't beleive somebody is actually claiming people like Gally et al are better than the rest of us because of the bikes they were on - GET REAL!  Exclude ability for a second but I guarantee the amount of fitness work he put in to get where he did was light eysrs in front of everybody else around except maybe the small grouop at the top he was part of!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »
I can't beleive somebody is actually claiming people like Gally et al are better than the rest of us because of the bikes they were on - GET REAL!  Exclude ability for a second but I guarantee the amount of fitness work he put in to get where he did was light eysrs in front of everybody else around except maybe the small grouop at the top he was part of!

Yep you would know with your amazing fitness regime, Gally would be in awe of your pecs!!  Now about this identity problem you have "Rossvicki" mmm maybe you need to lie down for awhile and rest!!!lol 

Sorry rossco, couldn't help myself!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 05:57:11 pm »
Baz - bit worried you have been eyeballing my pecs - first a KTM and now this - is there something you would like to tell us all????  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 07:03:55 pm »
well ross or may i call you vicki!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 10:45:31 pm »
I idolized Gally when i was a young kid trying to buy my first YZ and Watching Mr MX on TV and i wasnt disappointed to finally meet him and chat to him at CD6 . A Living Legend of  MX and a top bloke to boot . I luv Gally . Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436