Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 127819 times)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Nats
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
Drakie's no dill, he will have it sorted. One very experienced National Level track preparer has been approached and it will be sweet.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

lucien

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:07 PM »
Yep,
SX tracks for SX bikes
MX tracks for MX bikes
& VMX tracks for VMX bikes

Old Husky

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2010, 10:27:10 PM »
Nathan, you maybe right, maybe I could have rode in both, I was not told that at the time.
This year I will be on a very good and very quick  CR250 Mag Husky for the Pre75 60+ 250 class, so I will no excuses.
I will still ride my CR400 Husky in the Pre75 263 and over 60+ class and I will still enter the 67 250 Cross Husky (with a bit more preparation) in the Pre 65 250 Class, hoping the class won't be dropped this time.

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2010, 11:49:12 PM »
old drakeys he`s ok, straight shooter.

Oh a bit of free style eh? Thats one of them back flips  :D :D

maicostu

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
Dot , you are a idiot
Shooting off your dumb mouth again.
Remove your post or i shall unleash.

Maico Stu

albrid-3

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »
maico stu, what ever you call yourself, don`t threaten me, what is your problem
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:50:09 AM by Dot »

maicostu

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
This is how dumb you are ALLSLOP
Have insulted the vcm committee who work very hard to run a race series in victoria
There are eight people on the commitee who picked up the pieces after you and your cronies left it.
The register has 100 people on it and is getting stronger
Do you realize what you say in your posts,

The thread is about the nats and maybe about drakie running them
Not what you did 20 years ago
No one cares!

Maico stu

albrid-3

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:17 PM »
Thanks Wasp, My name is Alsop, if you are going to slander me to get your point across get my name right, The sub- committee was founded to set up a governing body about rules and regulation for vintage scrambling or today Motorcross not about running race meetings around the country side. Clubs across victoria are the ones that should be and willing to host a round of vintage race meetings. So its you members that are doing wrong and not following what the sub- committee was set up to do for the sport, and you cannot see that. ???
We do care a lot. This forum is about expressing your feeling about our vintage movement.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:20:48 PM by Dot »

oldfart

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2010, 10:39:29 PM »
Wasp, as you have mentioned before and keep saying ...Quote   " Thats why I clean my locker every two weeks"
Why post at all  ???

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:36 AM »
Hi Old Husky--reference my reply 16 and your reply 114--my point re age groups was triggered by seeing the race order for Broadford Nats [item 30] where age races are "All Powers" meaning you [and this affects all other Pre 75 riders with multiple bikes] can ride your 400 in your age race ,but your only option with your 250 is the open to all ages 250 class. Or of course your 250 in 60+ All Powers ,and the 400 against the kids. I hope this covers the point raised in Nathan reply 19. This Item 30 in the S/Regs prompted the conclusion that the reason for dropping the capacity/age classes was the conjestion in the program e.g too many classes. Looking to the future ,when we hope the sidecars will flourish ,Pre 90 is inevitable ,etc, do we drop more old bike/old bloke classes or research options to solve the problem. Obviously there is a natural attrition in old bikes & blokes but we should keep them going as long as possible.
There is a chicken & egg situation--are entries dropping in Pre 65 [especially 250] and other minority classes because the programns don't suit them ,or do the programns not cater for them through lack of entries ? The older riders will face this same conundrum. Four 60+ riders in our club alone have normally entered all three Pre 75 capacity classes [not any more ]
I offered a solution for the future ,not a criticism of the present. Separate title events solves the conjestion issue ,hopefully retains more of the old bike/old blokes ,allows more time for decent practice ,negates the need to reduce laps due to accident delays ,enables organisers to hold presentations on time etc etc. I agree that in the main tracks have not been a major problem [especially as the throttle works both ways ] however separate events ,say Pre78 & sidecar at one ,78+ the other allows for more specific track prep. and maintenance.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »
all very good points super 50 ,,what do you think of DJ's idea of every alternate year for the split era Nationals .  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2010, 12:19:48 PM »
Supersenior50 made some good points as Alison concured, however the answer will never be split meets on alternate years for the very reason I posted earlier, Aust is just too big and you will be dividing the already small cake even smaller. I think we always need to keep as many classes and age groups open as long as we can, even to the point of if only one elderly gent wishes to ride his 250DOT on the day, then let him and give him a trophy for turning up!
If we drew something of a crowd to see these old boys ride their old bikes then you would see the real reason we should do this-to show people how it was and what they rode. In reality it is supposed to do two things-one is to give guys the oppurtunity to have a ride on their sweet old bikes and as I said to show them off.
Let's not forget why we come-FUN.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
How many people competed at Tassie or Qld Nats on both pre-75 and Evo+ bikes at the one event? (Ignoring pre-78 for the moment as they could be happily put into either group)

Brad is the only one that springs to mind - maybe TM Bill and Ribbo too?

My gut feeling is that splitting the eras into two events would actually be a problem very few people - but you'd want to research it before making the change.

I know I'm not fit enough to ride more than three bikes at a meeting, so I'm more likely to take three bikes to the pre-78 titles, and then take two or three bikes to the Evo+ titles (rather than just taking three pre-78 bikes to the All-In Nationals). I don't know how many others have the same attitude, but there's the potential to increase the total number of entries.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »
Just rang Broadford accommodation and its getting tight on rooms for the Nationals,for those not camping get in quick.... Shocked  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
Not really a huge prob, Alison, as it's only about a 40 min run from the upper suburbs of Melbourne, and there's some great little b and bs tucked away in the hills behind Broady in and around where that horrific fire went through last year.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....