Author Topic: VIPER. Are you ready for it? What are you bringing? What's your goals?  (Read 8408 times)

All Things 414

I can't believe that I'm all ready to go for next year. Just gotta test the new bike and I have a 414 on stand-by, all tyred up and ready to go for the first few meetings just in case there's any hiccups. I've never been this organised in years. Even my local Yamaha man's helping me out with bits 'cause we're all stoked about the big YZ. I wanna win my age group and get a top three VIPER placing.

And you know what?

2010 is two days away!

So. What are you bringing to the table next year? Are you gunna see the red eye  >:( or paddle about having some fun?

What have you done for next year? (and if you haven't done it, get out there and do it.......) What's your ride?

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: VIPER. Are you ready for it? What are you bringing? What's your goals?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 05:30:56 pm »
Good thread Roscoe, lets get it stirred up  ;D

After having a couple of years break from Viper, got the fire in the belly back, hopefully the 2 boys, Jimmy & Shaun will come out & race again, as they have both been on an intensive breeding campaign. Just ordered a new Maico Jersey from the states to compliment the new pants, so I just got to do it again. Looking forward to catching up with the new guys coming into Viper & the word is, some of the old legends are coming back again. Heard it's going to be a big year in 2010 with the bike bonanza & the Aussie Titles in Melbourne, so lets get it going & Mrs Maico is keen to get on board again. YZ v's Maico, should be good.

Happy New Year to all.

Mr & Mrs Maico # 54

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »
Pre85 125 on board the ex Michéle Rinaldi 84 RM125
It's gunna be good to be a spectator. Imagine a 115Kg 47 year old getting around on a 125.

Pre90 As above

Open (Modern)
1999 RM125 (or) 1998 Husaberg FC600-4

As far as goals.
1. Get to the event in the 1st place.
2. Get the bike started and hope it doesn't break.
3. If all the above goes to plan then I'll be happy to just finish after being out for better than a year.

Dates, Well these are confirmed (At least)
Looking at them i cant see why there would be a VIPER race till late April early May. Might be able to squeeze one in before the Broadford events but i guess that it will piss of the guys that are prepping bikes for the Nationals and the clubs might struggle with the dust around that time.

January
To hot, gotta be kidding to race at this time of the year

February
As per January

March
8th - Labor day long weekend

April
3rd to 4th - Broadford Bike Bonanza
2nd to 5th - Easter
9th to 11th - Australian Classic Motocross Titles
25th - ANZAC Day

May
2nd - Australian MX Championship (Barrabool)

June
14th - Queens Birthday Long Weekend
14th - Classic Dirt

July

August

September

October

November
There will be a presentation somewhere around here.

December
(Who races in December)
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »
I will have my two faithfuls back for Viper 2010 the RM 400 & the YZ 465. I’m just out there to have fun, unless I find myself at the pointy end which would possibly  change my outlook
My new venture next year will be in the pre 75, I have a MX 360A I am restoring at the moment to ride in VCM & CSC. I should have all three ready for the Broadford bike bonanza.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:43:35 pm by Viper79 »
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:06:50 pm »
The Viper Committee is working hard to get the dates and format going for next year.
Its a big year with all thats happening and we want to make 2010 better than last year if possible.
The web site will be updated early in 2010 with a new mebership form and hopefully some firm dates.
I myself should have the CR250RZ finnished and ready to go and still deciding about racing the CR125RB?
hope to have a better year with injuries and to have a good go at the Nats.
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:05:42 am »
I will have old faithfull ,YZ400E = Evo and i might ride my IT250K in Pre 85. My IT465H is still in the Que but i'm getting closer to it and hope to race it this year and i aim to pull even better mono's than last year .And ride a few vinduro's and flattrack.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:14:27 am »
I have a few sewing machines/chainsaws under way, hopefully they'll be right by the first round. I also have an oriental whipper snipper under way for VCM pre '75, even though I said my pre'75 days were over.
My main goal is NOT TO CRASH & end up in hospital while testing, the day before the first round, there on making for a poor season. I still have the remnants of that particular crash 9 months on!
Goal 2 is to have fun while trying to be a bit competitive.
Goal 3 is to put a sewing machine in front of a farm bike.
Cheers,
K

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 09:16:19 am »
Having competed in VIPER since 2002 (excluding 2005), my aim is to actually race on a genuine motocross bike for the first time!

A ratty but running RM125D now resides in the garage, so maybe it will happen in 2010...  ::)

All things going well I'll be lined up for the Pre 85 125-250 class, and Pre 90 Open.

Other than that the goals are the same as every year: get to as many events as I can, try not to get lapped, don't hurt myself, etc.

See you there.

Tex
VIPER #101

All Things 414

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 09:21:14 am »
Goal 3 is to put a sewing machine in front of a farm bike.

Does anyone else remember the movie 'Duel"? You'll be Denis Weaver K Man, looking in the rear mirror going "Oh goodness me...."

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 11:22:15 am »
I'm retiring from old bikes for a while & getting amongst it on the new ones again.  It's been about 12 years since I raced moderns regularly, so I'm hoping to get out there a fair bit on my new '10 YZ250F, which is proving to be a great little machine.

Might do some of the VCM stuff, see how we go.  We'll try to do the grass ones at the very least.

I will do open class at a few rounds of VIPER just to get on to the well-prepped tracks!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 03:32:18 pm »
1 Not Yet
2 Most likiely the same but maybe a bigbore evo/pre78
3 to stop dreaming about getting faster and actually get faster.
some practice before and during the series is the big aim
and keep away from the sock draw.

see how it goes.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:01 pm »
I have a few sewing machines/chainsaws under way, hopefully they'll be right by the first round. ...........................
Goal 2 is to have fun while trying to be a bit competitive.
 :D
Cheers,
K

good luck with season 2010 Bobbin Boy, happy new year Hoony  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:19:35 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

maicostu

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 03:39:07 pm »
Are you guys kidding yourselves, I'm still drinking.!!!!  Ready not at all, haven't even ventured out into the shed.
Stackers isn't even open until the 11th - how could I possibly get it together before then..   I am very proud of all that have manged to achieve such goals but I think I will just stick to the Jim Beam cans until the 11th.

maico stu

viper42

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:29 pm »
Still working on bikes at present , will definately be on the ktm125 and Can Am 250 not sure about the Maico. Sorry Roscoe - youll have to go it alone (cant be your wing man 2010)

Viper 42

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 08:11:50 pm »
Are you guys kidding yourselves, I'm still drinking.!!!!  Ready not at all, haven't even ventured out into the shed.
Stackers isn't even open until the 11th - how could I possibly get it together before then..   I am very proud of all that have manged to achieve such goals but I think I will just stick to the Jim Beam cans until the 11th.

maico stu
sponsered by plaster plus,dulux and .reece plumbing >:(