Author Topic: 1992 Suzy RM80.Whats it worth?  (Read 12091 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 1992 Suzy RM80.Whats it worth?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 07:01:06 pm »
Yes Tim try buy the $40 15-25 mxer from them and they will want $400. I cant understand the chinese bike craze people should no that you get what you pay for I have a mate that bought one $800 new but after one year his boys hadnt trashed it but it had spat heaps of parts and then seized so they bought another new $800 so that is up to $1600.

My point is buy the slightly faded rm yz cr they may not be as flash and a bit more expensive in comparison but they are built to last. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:03 pm »
like any bike do some research before you buy.i have two chinese bikes never rattled a bolt loose on either and both have been mechanically great one is a kx 80 lookalike with a 200cc four stroke the other a xr 100 lookalike with 200cc four stroke.owned both for over a year and never had to replace a part except brake and clutch levers from falling over and there only $10 a piece and available easily none of them blow smoke or leak a drop of oil.but like any bike if it well maintained it will last.cheers gary                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ps please dont bag me to much for admitting to owning these ;D

DR

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 05:41:19 am »
oldschool, you no doubt have the acceptable Chinese cheapies, I'm not bagging the larger full size bikes I'm bagging the zillions of these so called thumpsters, pitbikes and 2 stroke quads. Some of the 'real' bikes coming from China aren't too bad at all and even I have seen the sttraction, problem is, the kids don't want these half decent bikes, they just want those shitbox thumpsters. 

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 06:14:44 am »
Agree with ya Frosty,sometimes that $600 pitty ends up far more expensive,in the long run.
Doc,funny how you mentioned that,about all the kids wanting pitbikes etc.
Whenever my son and I have headed off to the bike parks to ride,he seems to hook up with kids who're riding Chinese bikes and he can't wait to swap a ride with them.I reckon his CRF80 has had more hours riding by other kids than he has ridden it. ;D

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

DR

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 07:14:42 am »
it's gotta be the bling factor Mark..the CRF80 doesn't have the Smartie packet anodizing or 17 inch wheel travel, billet oil cooler, billet gas cap, billet sump plug, billet filler plug, billet triples, cnc'd everything, hydraulic clutch, triple wave discs with quad piston calipers..billet of course!, USD forks..jeez! why the heck would any kid want the bland ol' CRF!! :D, have taught the young fella here. if it's old it's gold! ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:17:47 am by Doc »

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 08:27:54 am »
Yeah I thought that too Doc,the bling and billet stuff,so I went and got the gos straight from the horse himself.
Young fella told me he liked the pitbikes cause,"they're easier and fun to ride,can wheelie,do donuts,and they go faster."
So there ya go,bling doesn't mean much to him at all.
If its old,its gold.Like that saying.
I might try drilling that into him,cause one day he will own all the bikes around here.So he better get used to old! :)

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.

DR

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 09:57:04 am »
they go faster!! :o only one answer for that..get him the RM80  ;) I'm sure he'll soon see the errors of his ways :D

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 10:24:38 am »
even though they were good for the kids to learn on they will both be for sale shortly.13 year old and me both have our eyes on a kx 80 79 mod been on evil bay 3 times buy now $650 and no sale still gotta convince the missus into something older.the 13 year old loves the older bikes she realy wants an old suzuki so she can look like dad.both chinese bikes eventhough smaller in size than my pe are much heavier and both are very top heavy.cheers gary

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 01:50:04 pm »
I think Doc,the lad sees he is on a 125/150,therefore its gotta go faster.
Can't wait to chuck him on the RM  ;),he'll spend more time in the weeds (and flying off into them faster too) than he did learning to ride his CRF   ::).
Yeah thats one thing oldskool I found,that lets you down on the China bikes the weight is too much for what the bike should really carry.I'm probably a bit too big at 6'1 and 96kgs.My Yamoto thingy doesn't like to go straight at speed,and the handlings never been great.I've been on all sorts of off track excursions holding on for grim life!Also had a lovely little episode where the throttle jammed wide open when riding near some deep rocky ruts which had been made by 4 wheel drives,and was bone dry.My sons brother still thinks to this day I was riding through them at speed like a pro,truth be known I was frigging holding on with everything I had,bucking and jumping everywhich way for about 20 odd metres.I was actually trying to ride round the ruts and miss 'em altogether,til said throttle,jammed.
Sooo,that bike has been condemned to spend its days in the backyard.Evil,evil,thing!
Good luck with the kwacka,be a nice old girl to fix up.

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.

DR

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 04:36:34 pm »
Husky, I'm not 100% against chinese manufacture, here's a beaut mix of both worlds..spotted on fleabay a few weeks back for about a grand. Don't really care what the purists think I reckon it looks shit hot and has given me mucho food for thought as I've an RM50N awaiting some long overdue attention. Been pricing new USD forks and wheels already and it's all very cheeeeeep (as one would expect given it's chinka :P) soon as the rain stops I'll be rich and ready to purchase!! ;D

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 05:16:27 pm »
I think your rm looks good Doc I love getting the pe400 out with newer bikes and most guys get really pissed when you blow them away on an old bike they dont seem to like it at all.

My little brothers kx80 is a beasty little bike blow any pitbike to peices I am going away riding soon I might step into the shed now and get the 400's looking a little better thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 05:50:35 pm »
I agree with you Doc,that little 50 is awesome.The wave discs really stand out. 8)
You know,thinking on what you last typed I reckon you're right.We need more kinda radical interbreeding with old and new.Some bikes will never be anything but ridden into the ground and tossed,no matter where its manufactured,and won't be collectable because of mass market sales,China bikes more so.So I'm with you on swapping and inter-changing with Jap,China,and Euro,wether it be for go quick,or the wow factor.
With the way things are for most of us,financially adding aftermarket China stuff to a Jap bike will be the rage,as that RM50 has proved,to me anyway.
I think I told you my plans for the Husky,hadn't thought of the upside down forks though.Might be a tad hard to fit them to a 37 year old bike.
Hey Frosty do you have any pics of your PEs that you've posted on here?Like them as much as the ITs,haven't see many 400s before.
The rains been incredible,Doc,not whinging though,really needed it.
Hope you've been out fertilising all ya clients lawns,y'know speed the process up,and be back 3 days later for another trim.  ::)Double yer bucks! ;D

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.

DR

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 06:32:45 pm »
That's not my RM50 Michael but I hope mine looks as tidy when it's done. Only problem is I just bought a decent pair of original RM50T forks and now they may not be needed..not for this project at least ;)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:22 pm »
I am sure yours will look as good Doc.

Mark here are a couple of my on one of the 400's at benalla vinduro I really like my 400's I have a few of them thanks Michael.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:17 pm »
the two china bikes i have are xmotos and a ddr dead dog racing who also sell a lot of vintage dirt bikes.the xmotos bike has everything locktited when they sell them they dont come in a crate,i get on it to put it on the ute and at lo speed it nearly falls over,there website says it will do 100kmh :o and i think it would but havent found anyone silly or brave enough to try it.the ddr is a much better bike for ballance but still very heavy and the steering is a bit funny i think it dosent have enough locc or has to much rake.if you go to the other ozvmx ning site you can see them in one of the photos loaded on the ute.when the throttle stuck on husk and you went through the ruts that wasnt at coomera by any chance.and that rm 50 looks pretty kool doc.cheers and thanx for not giving me a hard time for admitting to owning china bikes well the kids own them not me ill stick to my pe175.gary