Author Topic: Broadford Bike Bonanza 2010  (Read 19527 times)

firko

Re: Broadford Bike Bonanza 2010
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 10:41:01 am »
you went there last year
I wasn't there last year at all. That idiot who swore at your son was totally in the wrong and I'd be more than a bit pissed off myself but your'e tarnishing everyone with the same brush with your baseball bat, slobbering drunks, written off messes who abuse children remarks, all in plural.
that what i mean  stupid
Well why didn't you say that instead of slagging everyone else. Reread your post and you'll see that you used the term "grown old men" not "one stupid drunk" so how else was anyone reading your post to take it? You've got an issue with him, not everyone who has few beers in the spirit of having a good time.

Let's just drop this shit 
I find myself in agrement with my old chum here. I'm looking forward to having a good time having a wee skid on my bikes, partying with old mates, meeting new people and generally enjoying myself. Bring it on.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:45:14 am by firko »

oldfart

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 10:41:46 am »
Chill out .....this is not looking good from here.

firko

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 10:46:54 am »

I'm chilled already Oldfart and off out the door to a nice Christmas party with good friends and family. Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:49:53 am by firko »

Curly3

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 04:28:02 pm »
Is this serious or tongue in cheek piss taking?
I'm hoping to be there to have a ride and camp at the track.
Maybe I'll have to wear tear offs at night as well.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 05:48:27 pm »
For my 2 cents worth, Broadford was excellent except......
1. The dickheads that fired bikes up and made dumb-ass noises at all hours of the night.
2. People walking around with a can in hand in the middle of the day.
3. The people that nominated to come to the 2nd days MX to marshal and didn’t turn up. We then stood around for an hour or so waiting for a decision on what was going to happen. In the end the riders and their family did it and we got another session in.

Whilst i don't agree with Paul’s sentiments, he is kind of on the ball with the minority of a few unruly’s getting around that don't put the rest of us in a good light. I'm sure that Drakey will have it sorted for 2010.

Oh and for my benefit, please don’t put those lovely old bikes on a shitty bit of dirt out the back. Put them on the main track where we get to see them at full noise. Like a 125 on the pipe, the next best (or equal) is an old school twin cylinder winding itself up a strait. 

Yee Hah... Bring it on.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 12:34:38 pm »
Just got the flyer for the BBB with 2010 Manual of Motorcycle Sport. Easter weekend, 3rd & 4th of April. That isn't that far away. Who's going? What are you taking? I'd like to think that I'll take the H7, do a days riding on the Enduro loop and spend the next day looking at all the hardware (but I'll probably end up taking a heap of MX'ers and playing on the big track all day  ::)). I'll be parking across from KB and Ian agian though. See if we can catch that prick that starts that four stroke at 11 o'clock at night...... >:(

Why??

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 01:10:25 pm »
if it was late sat nite/sun morn down the bottom flat track camp ground,it was the guy trying to leave on the commando,didn't get too far,forgot to turn his taps on ::),(thats what all the laughing was about ;D),was fairly quite after that from memory >:,could be a busy month down there!,the bash followed by VMX nats,followed by Vic historic R/race state titles,serious leave passes required for that lot, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

All Things 414

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 06:46:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Commando  :D

albrid-3

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 08:31:59 pm »
These type of meetings, as we all enjoy, it will be one big party for all of us to enjoy if you drink beer or soft drink it don`t matter, we take the good from bad, we are there for one reason only, our enthusiasm about Vintage bikes, competition and just having fun in telling stories about the past and present.
Embrass that week fellows make it worth every minute, remember our past mates ( RIP) and our mates like our friend Noel bring them along within you and cherrish the moment. Its al about restoring the History of Australian Scrambles, Motorcross,Sidecars, Dirt Track, Speedway, Trials ,Enduro, Roadracing, Back that Rally Cross Calder. or just sittting back having a drink and talk bullshit.

Friendship is very important, Paul and Mark shake hands, say Sorry. ::) :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:45:03 pm by Dot »

albrid-3

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 09:50:42 pm »

After the race meeting was over Drinkies with mates, talk bullshit the year 1972 Barrabool

albrid-3

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009, 11:28:43 am »
john heard second on the right looking at the camera, fisrt on the right is wayne blake

BEARVMX

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »
Broadford - great venue, great track, "swap meet," good selling, friendly people.  Drakey - he will get it right this year.  Sure, a few hiccups in the inaugural 2009 event, but hey everyone that I met there had a ball, we spoke about old times, had a few drinks. Remember Broadford has had some of the biggest meetings and crowds since the late 70's.  Having ridden this track for over 30 years it doesn't matter how tough you think things are, properly groomed the track will be perfect.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's great, but when you get to ride such a magnificent track like Broadford you should come off smiling as we did. We must remember one thing: we are lucky to be riding on one of the greatest tracks in Australia.  This is my 35th year riding motocross, how lucky I am still able to throw a big bore around.  Hope to see as many interstate and local vintage motorcycle enthusiasts there again in 2010 - it will be worth making the trip.  What a great place to set up your bike for the Australian Vintage Motocross Nationals.  Good luck to the MA.  Bear

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »
I see on another forum that Pelle Granquist will be a guest at HBBB, having a gallop on a 1978 CR390 Husky. Worth a look, he was a damn good pedaller in his day, and a nice guy as well.  :)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

albrid-3

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 09:57:51 pm »
well may be l should keep my bully, l am concern about my Dot making it up the hill, anyway it will be good to see the old girl going round. l would like to wear period clothing while riding it, Stadium or cromwell  helmet etc. and all the riders in pre 65 did the same it would take everyone back in time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:02:19 pm by Dot »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »
I agree Dot, they look much better in the original kit and maybe there could be a parade lap or two then put your new duds on for some hot laps.
Qld will be down en-force with us coming with both the Wasp and the EML and I think Popeye wants to bring a roady to have a blast.
We have rellos at Romsey, about 20mins away, so digs are sweet and we'll stay down 'till the whole she bang is done and dusted.
We hope to go one better this year but from all accounts the sidecar fields will be brimming with top guns from both SA and Vic and it will be on for young and old. The boys from ASA play toughand can do the business.