Author Topic: Broadford Bike Bonanza 2010  (Read 19533 times)

All Things 414

Re: Broadford Bike Bonanza 2010
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:58 am »
You have started a thread about a non competition event, in the COMPETITION section of the forum!
Every time two bikes are circulating around a track, it gets competitive.........  ;)

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 12:02:45 pm »

Quote from: GD66 on Yesterday at 09:30:39 PM
No corruption by MV there, then...

Response from Ross Nimmo

Ummm.....weren't the titles last year at the same track as Classic Dirt?

Hi Ross - as you've seen fit to involve Classic Dirt into your discussion, as the promoter of Classic Dirt I feel compelled to correct your spurious suggestion that somehow there was some sort of inappropriate connection between the Nationals this year and Classic Dirt 6.

Classic Dirt was promoted by VMX Magazine, the Nationals were promoted by the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club.  They used the same venue, there was no other connection.

HBBB in 2010 is promoted by MA, the Nationals in 2010 are part-promoted by MA - whether the dates one week after the other, at the same venue, can be seen as manipulative or not is not my call but that situation has absolutely nothing to do with two separate promoters utilising the same venue.

Regards

Ken Smith
VMX Magazine

All Things 414

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »
And you wonder why......

Fella. The only connection I'm making is that both lots of Nats have had riding sessions held before the meeting. Other people seem to think there's some sort of conspiracy going on with the Nats being held a week after BBB. I'm just pointing out that the same thing happened last year. Ok? Hmmm?
Don't bother ringing. My phone's turned off this weekend.....

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 12:54:53 pm »
Hi Ross - your previous response was made directly to a post discussing corruption, so it didn't appear to just be a generalisation about events sharing venues.  If it was just a generalisation then great.

Have a good weekend.

And yes, I do wonder why as well......

Regards

Ken

firko

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:57:49 pm »
And you wonder why
I'll bite...wonder why, what?

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:10:49 pm »
Maybe i'm just a slow moving bloke from the West, but gee you guys take something that was from my point said in jest so seruiously.  Who care where the events are held and the fact they coincide.  Aren't we there for the comardaerie, bikes and the beer.

Yep I.m with you Firko

I wonder why, what and who cares!!

just enjoy fellows, a good thread!!
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 01:39:47 pm »
Corruption:Someone on here before said sarcasm doesn't work on forums..I think he's right.  ;D
The positives  by holding the two events close is great for those traveling and booking holidays etc.
The negatives is because it took two weekend off the calender and I believe it may have an impacted on the RR down at the island.

In modern mx we are now told what weekends are available for our club days,  :(   the calenders getting full. :P   This pushes the club/interclub series rides into the warmer months.
State rounds being the cooler months.So we are left with the earlier/latter part of the year for events.

I suppose if ya want to ride these or any events under MA you have to like it or lump it  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 01:41:17 pm »
The Klub Kevlar Good 'ol Boys are making the pilgrimage to the Bonanza at Easter but will be limiting our participat ion purely to the dirt track and speedway area. It gives us a chance to use our dirt track tackle for a change and can leave the MX and trials stuff for CD7. Some of the bikes will be seeing daylight for the first time in years and some for the first time ever. Eddie Phipps is bringing his ex Eddie Lawson Shell framed OW750 Yamaha, Champion framed Yamaha SC500 and a slider or two, Jonesy's bringing his 850 Nourish Weslake powered Redline, Aussie made SR60 speedway bike, Jawa long tracker and more, maybe even his genuine Jawa ice racer, Pete will bring his IZ465 project flat tracker and trick Astro, Bernie will hopefully have his TM250 short tracker finished, I'll bring the Trackmaster Benelli, Antig Maico the Hindall Ducati in dirt track trim and the Cheney Yamaha for some fine tuning for the following weeks Nats.

We'll camp at the dirt track where we can party as late as we like and therfore avoiding the possibility of our tents being used as urinals. After it's over I'll stay the week at the Clarke hacienda in Eaglehawk and hit the Nats the following weekend with the Cheney and it's foreign rider.
Fun, fun, fun.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:34:34 pm by firko »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 05:35:52 pm »
I'm keen. Probably bring the KDX200 (to roost Tex as much as possible), and the YZ125X (Nationals 'practice'). And either the Cappra or the DT1, also for Nationals practice.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 06:35:52 pm »
Probably bring the KDX200 (to roost Tex as much as possible)
  :D

Ha! That's not exactly difficult - why don't you set yourself a real challenge?!  ;) You could roost me on on an AG100...

You gonna be there both days?

I'll be there for at least one. Might even bring a motocrosser as well as vinduro mount.

I'm looking forward to attending this one again.

Tex

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 08:26:28 pm »
????? Lost me ::) Cheers see you both there :)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 11:14:14 pm »
one drunking fark head annoys me the party will soon be shifting to another gear
Wow, what a warm welcoming vibe that's starting to emerge here. ::) Baseball bats, pissing in tents, intolerance. Somehow I think you've lost the plot. I've been to all six Classic Dirts and haven't seen or heard of any aggressive vibe at all and now here we are four months out from the Bonanza and I'm reading this shit. Besides the bikes and riding, the bonding element of these style of event is the cameraderie and sense of fun. If a few guys getting together over a few beers and having a bit of noisy fun annoys you, stay home.

All Things 414

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:45 am »
Let's just drop this shit  ;). I'm not getting into another slanging match with Firko (as good as it is for his ego). I'm going up there to have a good time (and get a shit-load of practice in  :D)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:23:12 am by All Things 414 »

firko

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 09:54:18 am »
thanks ross i may off been a bit hasty i hope i can be forgiven
when i go to church today i will pray for the mature grown  old men  men who use there sport/ hobby as a excuse to to become a slobbering drunken written off   messes who abuse children  in the name of motor sport

What the fluck is this about Paul? What has having a good time at a bike event to do with child abuse? Are you kidding or what? I'm gobsmacked by your stupid, irresponsible and totally disrespectful remarks. I know you're making a feeble attempt at sarcastic humour but the child abuse crack is taking it way too far matey. If you've got child abuse and alcohol issues, deal with it in the correct way and don't tarnish decent people having a bit of fun at a motorcycle event as "child abusers and slobbering drunks". 

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 10:08:07 am »
that exactley the answer id expect from you, you stupid prick , you went there last year and some drunken forker swore and made a areshole off him self at my son ,at 3am  after my son got up outa bed to see if the guy was ok while he was vomiting all over him self  that what i mean  stupid
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:10:51 am by paul »