Author Topic: Merry Xmas  (Read 4559 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Merry Xmas
« on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:20 pm »
Well it’s been a mixed sort of year.
The down side is that I never got much of a chance to get out riding (pretty pathetic really),
Despite earlier resolutions not to buy any more bikes till I sorted the ones I had I succumbed to temptation & bought 2 more Kawasaki’s this year.
Next years resolutions include getting these 2 Kawa’s going & riding more often & then hopefully get onto some of the other projects. Oh, & the diet starts sometime after Xmas dinner
The highlight of the year was making it to the Nationals to see some great bikes, people & racing. It was a good trip, despite the many hours co-driving with Drakie
The biggest downer was plans falling apart & not making it to CD6, which by all accounts was a terrific event, we will see what next year brings.
Always falling behind with orders, but I declare next year will be the year of the “frame”  (you just know I’m going to regret saying that though don’t you)

I’ve about had enough of 09 & I’m shutting down till early in the New Year.

Hope you all have a good Christmas & don’t get too hung over for the New Year.

Cheers,
Geoff

(2011 resolution will be not to make any resolutions)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

TT

Re: Merry Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:27:24 pm »
(2011 resolution will be not to make any resolutions)

So, does that mean you're giving 2010 a miss??  :D

Merry Christmas to all my VMX cyber-mates out there (and you loved ones) and all the best for a great New Year.
I too, am looking forward to getting out more. The time to go to CD7 is already booked at least.  ;D
See you all there and at any other events I came possibly make it to!!

If you see a guy turn up in a shitty old Benz carrying a camera, it's probably me so come up and say g'day.
I'll buy you a beer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:36:38 pm by Tony T »

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 07:40:50 pm »
I was spose to not get to many more bikes a few bikes ago you cant help yourself when it is to good to pass up I hope to do more riding but I dont think I will be able to until I get my license late next year oh well a year doesnt take to long thanks Michael.

Ps I will have that 400 pipe for you to make sooner or later thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

albrid-3

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:43:52 pm »
Yes, Merry Christmas to all, my goal is to had my Dot up and running, do some rounds at the local meetings, very much looking forward to broadford, and the Nationals.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:48:00 pm by Dot »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
I am in the same situation as GMC, i make a resolution each year to ride more , but sadely my business and family comittments take over. i guess 2010 will be no different.

i will make a big effort to get to CD7 in QLD this year bike or bikeless. as for local racing i may be tempted to do a round or 2 as i just don't have the passion for competiotion MX and think it may have run its course 2nd time round for me. i still enjoy the social side immensly so if any ride days come up i will be there.

as for bikes the stable will stay the same except i will make an effort to sell off one excess CR250RG. lloking Forward to HBBB and the Nats at Broady and hope to meet a few members from here face to face and have a chat and a beer or 3 with them.

Festive Greetings to all forum Members.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
G'day viewers I would like to say Merry Christmas & Happy New Year and I'll see ya on the same channel next year  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:50:30 pm »
I'm sure we can all find things to be negative about - but when you step back and look at it, if you're still around to talk about it, then 2009 has been a good year.

Since our last introspective reflection post (Merry Christmas 2008), I've:
Gone to heaps of great events (including the Nationals, CD6, a couple of Vinduros, and some top Heaven events);
spent heaps of time with mates (inc two road trips to Qld, two to Vic and plenty of beers and bullshit);
met a heap of new mates;
had the chance to briefly catch up with other mates;
finished some projects;
ridden a lot of cool bikes (thanks to those that loaned them);
collected some more projects (no, the VR250 is not for sale!); and
generally enjoyed my part in the whole 'old dirt bike' thing.

And the best bit, is that before the end of the year, I'm having beers with at leat one other ozvmxer, and catching up with another couple.
:)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 08:02:19 am by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 09:34:15 am »
Wishing You All a Merry Christmas and a Cool 2010.

*2009 was a great year for me personally, my weight continued downward and fitness continued upward and I hope to have come close to my goal by CD7. The women in my life have both overcome their serious health issues and are keeping me in line again and most of all I've made a number of great new friends and have revisited friendships with pals from long ago. The Noel Clarke fundraiser reminded me just why I love vintage motocross people. The generosity and compassion showed by many of the vintage movement was definitely a major part to my renewed passion for the sport.

*2010 will hopefully be a busy year. I'm getting more deeply into the book project and will take a couple of overseas research trips in a bid to leave no stone unturned in finally nailing the Sprite/American Eagle/Alron history down on paper.
In the shed my 2008/9 eBay purchases will hopefully materialise into complete, running bikes. First off the production line will be the Benelli Trackmaster, hopefully in time for the Broadford Bonanza. With some luck I may also have the Antig Maico on the same trailer, headed for Broadford. Following the dirt track tackle out of the shed will be the long term Cheney RT1 which I'd like to have running by the Nats. Following that will be the Maico Metisse for CD7. I will also have the Hindall Ducati Garage Queen up and on the track although I doubt it'll be fast enough to race seriously. I'll hopefully cruise the 'Old Guy' track at CD7 on her .

*2010 will also see the grand opening of Klub Kevlars new HQ..The 'Tiki Lounge' with a star studded beachcomber themed soiree in the first quarter of the year. KK will also reprise the Show'n'Shine in November and promise to be even naughtier at CD7. We're hoping to have representation at the Broadford Bonanza, Broadford MX Nats, Crawford River, CD7, the Griffith Dirt Track Nats and who knows what else. We are again hoping to have our own overseas guest for CD7. We had an American mate lined up for CD6 but he pulled out for business reasons at the last minute. We, as a group have some brilliant stuff planned for CD7 inclusing a shitload of new and interesting bikes, a couple of new blenders for the Margarita party, a seafood themed BBQ

Above all else I hope to continue having fun. I hope to avoid wanker confrontation as much as I can and spend more time with the people I love. I look forward to meeting even more of you all in 2010 so bring it on  :-*

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:25:18 am by firko »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:10:14 am »
yep merry christmas ,one and all  .my year has certainly had its fair share off medical issues ,with my partner have a sucsessfull brain tumour operation and now my type 2 diabeties is now  in check  .so hopefully i can venture to cd this year and broadford ,the nats aswell ,so all off you  have a safe  christmas and a prosperious new year

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 12:48:13 pm »
I did not know santa had a maico that photo proves it thanks for that Firko thanks, Michael.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 10:40:20 am »
Santa's giving it away - to a child who has been naughty!

;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 11:07:55 am »
Damn that is me out of the picture. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Curly3

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »
Merry Xmas to all and best wishes for 2010.
2009 has seen me realize that something that is deeply ingrained in my DNA has been missing from my life for more than 25 years. My 13 year old son's developing love of dirt bikes has got me involved again and it was like a light going on inside my head. I went into a frenzy and dragged my bikes out of storage and began several projects, all at the same time. A heavy work load has meant not much spare time so not a lot has been done in the last 3 months. Next year will see me prioritize and concentrate on one at a time.
I've met a lot of good people this year and bumped into several old friends which has all been good.
Cheers to you all.
Steve

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 05:10:04 pm »
Ditto to most of the above comments.
i enjoyed 09.
didn't get to ride that much but enjoyed the riding i did,
bought more crap for the shed which i should never of done but hey, i did,
and a heap of other stuff.
mostly though,
Merry Chrismas to all...
i'm off to get away from the bikes for a bit and to check out the beautiful QLD beaches.
cheers! :)
"flat bickie"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 04:24:44 pm »
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

I goy an early present this year , while I was buying some cards some arse rammed the rearquater of my van. Nice!