Author Topic: 850mt. Oval Long Track with MX and Classic classes  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
850mt. Oval Long Track with MX and Classic classes
« on: December 13, 2009, 12:27:02 pm »
SA Longtrack Titles: - at  Anderson Raceway Whyalla on April 24th 2010 which is a long weekend.  This event will be promoted by Northern Track Promotions (Geoff Brown & Neil Burston). Depending on entries events will be run for all classes including juniors and classics as well as per below. Anderson Raceway senior circuit is approx 850m long with wide bends with a crushed granite surface and should provide close safe and exciting racing. The junior circuit is located inside the senior circuit. The event will be day / night with entertainment by a local band after the racing adjacent to the pits.  Planned Classes: - Juniors both speedway solos and sidecars and flat track classes for the MX type bikes; Seniors: 125 Solo, 250 Solo, 500Solo, U/L Solo, 250CC Flat Track for MX type bikes, 500cc Flat Track for MX type bikes, Speedway Class, 600 Sidecars, U/L Sidecars.  Classic: 2 Valve Speedway JAP/ESO/JAWA, 2 valve longtrack bikes JAP/ESO/JAWA, Riders over 50 2 valve speedway JAP/ESO/JAWA, Riders over 50 2 valve longtrack JAP/ESO/JAWA, Classic Sidecars Up to 500cc pre 78, British Sidecars, U/L Japanese Sidecars pre 78, Evolution Sidecars lowline frames with 2v aircooled engines. Prizemoney & Trophies /Sashes for all eligible winners & placegetters. It is planned to make this an annual event. For further information or sponsorship enquiries please contact [email protected], or by surface mail, Northern Track Promotions, C/O 58 Kittel St, Whyalla, South Australia 5600.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:30:40 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Long Track with MX and classic events
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »
that should be a ripper event Tim.

850 metres sounds very fast........
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Long Track with MX and Classic classes
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:03:26 am »
Yep Hoony it caught my eye. Might be a perfect place for the older American C class flat trackers too flex their powerful legs. Perhaps the Maico 501's Honda ,Kawasaki, KTM 500's and the big bore Rotax VMXers might enjoy the big track too????
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.