Author Topic: The Perfect VMX Ute  (Read 10134 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: The Perfect VMX Ute
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:25 pm »
I reackon utes are a pain in the arse. 

Your bike get wet, your gear gets wet ( whatever hasnt flow out) and  you have nowhere dry to sleep or get changed.

Get a van, everything is secure, dry, enclosed, dry, plenty of room, dry, a change room dry,

My vito reminds me of those kewl old bedford vans and you can fll them right to the roof,  mY record is 4 bikes and PArt, tool box , race gear.

Go the mighty Vans !

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:54:21 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 10:05:40 pm »
The Mainline was a good luxury prestige utility vehicle. Was a 57 model like me with a 332 big block Tank Fairlane engine. Could only fit two bikes but in the front you could fit all the mates in, 4 abreast on the bench, two on the parcel tray and two behind the seat. Fuel consumption was horrible, it used fuel just sitting there with leak in the tank. After that was fixed the fuel consuption improved to 10 miles to the gallon. Remember those? You could get one for 45 cents! ;D Just under 10 cents a litre, trouble was I was only earning $32 a week.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:08:09 pm by 500Fool »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 10:20:40 pm »
I agree with freaky 150% on the Van as vehicle of choice for MX. I have a long wheelbase van that easily accommodates 2 big road bikes or 3 mx'ers plus gear + fuel + food /drink. I also attached two small mounts for a 3M x 3M pergola tent to fix on the side of the van which can be enclosed just by adding zip-in sides. That gives me good cover for the bikes once unloaded and a place for my table and chairs too.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

mx250

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »
Vans are much too practicle to be kewl  :-[.

;D ;D ;D

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 11:18:18 pm »
My Van is a beige Holden shuttle and it could only be cool if it were thrown out the back of a C-130 over Antarctica  ;D

But this would be cool...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ban BLACK rims NOW