Author Topic: RAVENSWOOD CUP  (Read 11246 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RAVENSWOOD CUP
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 03:07:28 pm »
Still raining, bring a raft, no an ark!
Cheers,
K

It coming down in buckets in Melbs. Too much to even make a run for the garage.
Wonder how BigK's Ark is going up at Ravo.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 03:31:14 pm »
Holy shit, I'm screaming like a little schoolgirl and almost wet my pants, the track is frikin' AWSOME! Man that track can take a lot of water, (granite sand), it's even started to dust up in spots. It is truly Ravenswood at it's best right NOW. The place looks like a full on national meeting with vans & pit tents everywhere, and it's only practise! If we get the dump of rain forecast for tonight the track will be awesomer for tomorrow. Even grumpy old Mr. Nimmo was having a good time. Tomorrows event will be one of the best for sure.
Cheers,
K

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »
Holy shit, I'm screaming like a little schoolgirl and almost wet my pants, the track is frikin' AWSOME! Man that track can take a lot of water, (granite sand), it's even started to dust up in spots. It is truly Ravenswood at it's best right NOW. The place looks like a full on national meeting with vans & pit tents everywhere, and it's only practise! If we get the dump of rain forecast for tonight the track will be awesomer for tomorrow. Even grumpy old Mr. Nimmo was having a good time. Tomorrows event will be one of the best for sure.
Cheers,
K

Goodo. Take it easy on Rosco .He was only grumpy(this time) because he luv's the place so much.Like most of us.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 05:11:05 pm »
Even grumpy old Mr. Nimmo was having a good time. Tomorrows event will be one of the best for

:D  Roost him big time,while ya got the chance  :D   ;D   ;)
Have a Bonza time the lot of ya  :P
Best is in the West !!

All Things 414

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 05:25:26 pm »
At a shaming ceremony I had to sign a stat-dec promising that I wouldn't win any races today.
I didn't have a lot of trouble sticking to it...... ::)
I was then paraded in front of the whole club, made to lay on the ground and get roosted by kids on KTM 65's for the next five minutes. :(

I spent a fair wack of the day in the company of Hotelmoto. A nice guy with a very nice Husky CR 390. Pity he had to do the big head-plant into the gunge face first on his first race of the day. It was all down-hill from there for the guy as he had to ride peak-less for the rest of the day and as we know that just never works..... :P

Offline Hotelmoto

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 08:26:08 pm »

I didn't think anyone noticed the peak missing, 414, or is that now 465     Sh.t I'm hurting tonight.

But it was a great weekend, of vintage and modern racing, Congratulations to the Bendigo MCC
for the event, a huge crowd, I never had that many people watch me cart wheel a bike before   and I hope we raised a heap of money for Noel Clarke.

Hotelmoto 

Mick

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »
I was there taking photo's of you blokes and helped a few up from stacks, it was a good day I got around 300 photos in all, not as many old bikes there as I thought there would be, but I enjoyed watching both mod & old, I met up with TonyT who will have some very nice shots of you all, mine are only taken with a cheapo camera but I do have some nice shots just the same, I will get them up on my forum tonight.

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:45:32 pm by Mick »

Mick

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 11:39:34 pm »
Here is a couple I took the rest I will have on my forum, like I said they are no were near the quality of what TonyT does, but there something to look at.

I have a heap more photo's of the VMX bike's on my forum.

Cheers Mick.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:33:03 pm by Mick »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 11:58:54 pm »
Great stuff thanks for the pics.  8)
Also looks like a good track set up, the track watering system covers well too   ;)  ;D   ;)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2010, 01:28:28 pm »
You can come along no problems. Smart casual attire, and yes you can swag it at the winery.
Cheers,
K

Myself and a mate attended Ravenswood yesterday as spectators, the BMCC did a brilliant job under the weather circumstances. Racing was great but I would have liked to see more old bikes there. Young Lewis Woods was spectacular in the Main modern events.
We then headed to the Winery to find where we were going to put our swags as per "bigk's" assurance but was told that would have never been possible, so we went in search of a motel or caravan park. Luckily we found a vacancy at a motel. Got cleaned up and headed back to the Big Hill Winery for the Noel Clarke dinner and auction. The weather could of played havoc but it was really well organised and was well supported. They had 2 bands, lots of finger food, plenty of refreshments and a great catered dinner followed by an auction of some amazing goods that had been donated. It appeared that a lot of money would have been raised for Noel. We spoke to Noel and he seemed to be in good spirits concidering what he has been through. Bendigo sure has a really strong club and motorcycling support base. Thanks to them for a great race meet and auction night.

Stan.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 02:33:46 pm »
Sorry Stan,
I was told by the comittee that the swag thing was no problems, they even said same at one of the club meetings leading up to the event.

Unfortunately we got a tad too much rain Saturday night which made for tough going at the races, for me anyway. I must have looked like a squid with arms & legs flailing everywhere trying to negotiate the 1 million ruts, & mud. My highlight of the day was the first over 40 race where I got the holeshot by a couple of bike lengths, from where I diligently made my way to the back of the pack. I hope someone got a photo of the start. I saw Hotelmoto praying by the side of the track, (I thought he was praying), but I do't know why anyone would want to take the peak off their helmet that way, it would be much easier to just unscrew it. Overall a good day with the 430 performing well for the first time out and only a few tweaks needed to get it right, for the next one.
Cheers,
K

TT

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 06:04:14 pm »
What a great weekend!  ;D
I spent too much time out on the track shooting you blokes falling down and didn't catch up with everyone I wanted to, but it was good to meet Hotelmoto, Mick and the infamous (notorious??) Clarke family.  ;)
Unfortunately, I had to rush off to get back for work today and missed the dinner last night, but don't forget that I'll have the photos up asap for purchase with all money going to the Noel Clarke Fund.
btw Hotelmoto, I did get a shot of you sliding on your face, it really depends on the size of your donation to the cause whether everyone gets to see it or not...................  ;)
Send me a pm and we'll talk business.  ;D ;D

TT

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »
P.S. Watching TC91 doing a burnout in that old truck of his trying to get out of the place was another highlight...............  :D :D
And no, I didn't get a photo of that.  :-\

Offline TC91

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 10:33:58 pm »
Easy on the old truck bit. She's a mean bitch. 400 hp, overdrive gearbox and no speed limiter means even new KW's dont stand a chance. I thought I'd bring my water truck along just in case the track wasnt wet enough. 
Stan our drivers comment after we dropped you pair off was that they are nice blokes but I think trouble would be brewing given half a chance. I upheld your honour though and put in a good word for you, said it was someone elses fault but you always seemed to get blamed for it.
Tony

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 06:13:41 am »
Easy on the old truck bit. She's a mean bitch. 400 hp, overdrive gearbox and no speed limiter means even new KW's dont stand a chance. I thought I'd bring my water truck along just in case the track wasnt wet enough. 
Stan our drivers comment after we dropped you pair off was that they are nice blokes but I think trouble would be brewing given half a chance. I upheld your honour though and put in a good word for you, said it was someone elses fault but you always seemed to get blamed for it.
Tony

Gday Tony, yeah trouble and us usually end up at the same place unfortunatley. Hey we had a great day and night, thanks for the hard work you guys did. I'm sorry I missed the truck "show".

Regards Stan.