Author Topic: What the...? Dirt Bike Gangs???  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
What the...? Dirt Bike Gangs???
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:16 pm »
Got this off ADB Forums. You've seen the extreme streetbike guys, now we've got extreme dirtbikes. They've got skills alright, but man... makes the old 'ride sensibly, wear a helmet' concept look a bit sad. Should do the image a lot of good, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAA28sfKmiY

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: What the...? Dirt Bike Gangs???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:22:23 pm »
This is what happens when you take away corporal punishment in schools and at home. I have a neighbourhood full of these types of retards and a few have even been smashed by cars outside my house.
A simple trick that, thanks to the lack of parental supervision, could solve this is to stick a big-ass padlock through the front disk and the rear sprocket  >:( that'll fix'em
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:47:12 am »
Have we all done the odd wheelie on the roads; have we all ridden on the bitumen to get to the bush tracks?
I have MX bikes tear up the road past my place most weekends en route to the hills over the back.
But the local kids/blokes are heading to a destination - and it's about fun and recreation not intimidation and attitude.

How's about that little kid going for a lap in the traffic; so small he had to be helped on and off?
And the moron who helped him - old enough to know better?
There's a saying, "wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone".

I agree with Cyclegod on the lack of punishment thing but that's probably a moral crusade for a forum on a different site.
Thanks for the post Graeme, but I was sorry to see the vid has been 'favourited' over 1500 times on You Tube.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:51 am »
shit poor safety message in there, but i do love the sense of urban chaos that vision brings....  anarchy rules ok!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:12:13 am »
Anyone NSE based remember the TTT Club from the mid~late 1990s? Supposedly these guys were doing 200kph through the Sydney Harbour Tunnel in the (usually) rotary Mazdas.

It was on ACA (or something) and sparked the predictable public outcry.

In reality, it was all a load of shit - in reality it was just a couple of blokes wanting to publicise themselves and the workshop they used... ::)

These Baltimore idiots smell the same.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 12:02:13 am »
An interesting social comment about city youth, black youth, boredom and the american society could be drawn from all of this. But too late at night, too lazy and not qualified.

But the solution is real easy; get several of those $50,000 drones the yanks are deploying down to battalion level in Iraq. A cop could control one from the comfort of his office, track the offended and guide the flat feet beat cop to the door of the 'perp' :) within minutes.

Hot pursuit and evidence gathering from the comfort of the office - too easy  ;D.

But America will spend 3 trillion in Iraq and starve it's city's administration of funds. Go figure. ::)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 10:28:32 am »

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Just watched that vid and thought what a bunch of stupid b***k pricks! But then I am sure it is not limited to the colour of the riders skin, rather the enviroment they grow up in, both at home (witness the little kid on #287) and the broader enviroment. The US seems to be spiralling out of control, on the one hand wanting to be the worlds' police and on the other abandoning domestic control ! They need John Wayne back!

The only salvation to our pigmented friends on that film clip is the total sportsman that is 'Bubba' Stewart who shows a much better perspective and breaks down the racist wall.

What underlies this ridiculous behaviour - and that of our home grown stupid 'illegal' riders is a far broader issue.

The bike industry that has, for over thirty odd years, made billions has never bothered to set aside riding parks sufficient to cope with the needs of their customers and this trend will continue until one day there is nowhere to ride just like in Baltimore.

Most of us ride legally one way or the other, either by registered enduro bikes or closed circuit competition etc. Yeah I know, some still bush ride on MXers etc, and we have ALL done that! Few of us have acres to ride on and those that do are so shit scared of being sued that friends never share their paddocks anymore.

When are we going to see major investment by the likes of Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM, Husqvarna etc etc for the broader dirt bike community coupled with changes in legislation that sheets responsibility squarely on the riders themselves so people aren't going to sue or be sued. If it is good enough for the government to allow sales of dirt bikes, and the manufacturers and retailers to make profits from there sale it is time for some major riding areas to be established. A good example of foresight (excuse the pun here) is the sporting shooters, who are banding together and buying vast landholdings to ensure some happy hunting grounds. Perhaps we need to do the same (I have some ideas on this but maybe in another thread?)

I have to say one thing in closing regarding those fine black youth pulling monos etc in city traffic etc, and that is that African Americans must have mighty tough skulls and brain structure given that I don't think one of the morons wore a helmet - Oh yeah and the hand gestures of the rocket scientest with the cap on back the front who was interviewed was in a word, typical - nuff said!!!

See you at the back of the pack  ;)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 06:22:08 pm »
 Whats wrong with the Mayor ...  -Put a levy on all bikes sold that covers insurance and helps fund a track
Gotta love the Mayors anwers ( what a croc of shit )