Author Topic: modified vinduro bikes  (Read 18848 times)

Mick

Re: modified vinduro bikes
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:04 pm »
I have had people ask me on my forum about rules for Vinduro as they would like to look at getting a bike, I use to tell them its Pre 85, taillight-headlight etc,etc,,,but there seems to be a few that want follow on model bikes etc etc which have been in Vinduros, so there go's the Pre 85 " rule " out the door,,,,,I now figger it is just safer to say there are NO rule books on Vinduro so I guess that means you can do what you like and people will and do until there is a couple of rules inforced like ( cut off date ) which is the main one I would like brought in.

Cheers Mick.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 04:10:09 pm »
I agree Mick that there should be a pre85 or twinshock format and enduro only would be nice but as they are saying, even back in the day you could run a YZ125 with lights and most Euro enduro bikes were just MXers with lights-so lets stick to that criteria. As to if they work or not, lets score some extra points for those that do- road trials style.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 11:27:19 pm »
Doesn't Vinduro stand for vintage enduro  not modified mx
It doesn't stand for vintage trailbike either if you want to go down that road (trail)!
Surely the term refers to the type of event, rather than a very specific eligibility criteria! I mean, by that logic, no trail or enduro bikes can compete in vintage motocross either.
Tex

True  8)
Best is in the West !!

gerpster

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 08:43:01 am »
Yeh good point...Vinduro is moe about the type/style of event rather than strictly a type of bike....although I'm sure most people know what is mostly covered in that era. And agree it's gotta be FUN and inclusive.   :)

So maybe pre 1990 with a headlight and see who/what turns up. Am sure 'we' can handle anything in that range.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 12:27:53 pm »
How about pre 85, pre 90 and a Special interest class for modifieds from the 2 'era's'?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

gerpster

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 02:12:52 pm »
Sounds Ok Canam....not a bad idea....gettin close i think!!   ;D

oz_strom

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »
I rode an MX250A in enduros in the 70's.   Agree it is the event format that gives it the enduro tag.   Guess I will have to get my head and tail lights working on my PE250Z though, and I am shit at electrics, or is that not necessary in Qld fo rthe Vinduro being proposed?

Are there any legal places to ride unreg trail bikes in SEQ?

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:24 pm »
Only on private land (with owners permission) or in a moto park as in Emu ck or Rover park (Nth NSW) or Blackduck etc...
Did you ever recover from an enduro on the MX250??/ :D

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:07 pm »
I would like to see pics of the 250z PE electrics arent hard because they are a 6v total loss system little things catch you out dodgy connections etc etc you dont have to have the head and taillight going to ride in the vinduro's :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »
This is a CR125 with lights, etc.........is there any reason it would not be eligible for a vinduro ( as long as it meets sound level requirements )?

Roger

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 04:59:58 pm »
I would allow it.  then again only if he ran that front tyre ;)
The left hand side plate must have been too hard. 
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 05:10:34 pm »
That is fine I have seen various mx bikes they arent going to knock you back when some effort has been made to set it up for vinduro except only question is why would you want to vinduro a cr125 when plenty of enduro bikes are available still at reasonable prices and a cr is a good mx rig.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »
........probably owned a CR but doesn't like motocross   ??? ??? ??? ???

Roger

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 06:53:01 pm »
It does look like a good job maybe if rules tighten up it might not be allowed but at the moment seeing as vinduro is non competitive it is about fun not getting fussy on minor details the more bikes and the more people the better plus I can ride my enduro in a vmx event no questions asked there.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »
If " the rules tighten up " to a point where you can't run a properly enduro modified bike, be it a motocrosser or modded enduro bike, you're going to lose half of the people at these events !

Four of my 175 japanese enduro bikes ( KDX,PE,IT and MR )  are full race modded, mx pipes, suspension and running gear, and properly silenced.

Would this exclude them from a Vinduro ??

If this is the case, then the '77 IT 400 that I rode in the day would be excluded because the IT400's only had 61 parts that weren't YZ400   ??? ??? ???

This would also exclude my '77 CR250 Husky that I rode in enduro's at that time as well.   ??? ??? ??? >:( >:(

Roger
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:29:27 pm by YUMASTEPSIDE »