Author Topic: First 'annual' Philanthropist award  (Read 1154 times)

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
First 'annual' Philanthropist award
« on: November 19, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »
Well maybe not annual, but seriously folks, Mark Firkin takes the chequered flag after holeshotting & lapping the entire VMX field!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:13:54 PM by JC »

firko

Re: First 'annual' Philanthropist award
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »

It's not me doing the giving, it's you blokes. Thanks John but others deserve the philantropist tag far more than I. I was merely the middleman. ;)

ted

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
Nah..I agree with Mark

He was late on Sunday.Get out of bed earlier you prick...hehe

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »
Frontman, Middleman, as long as he's not a Backdoor Man.
I agree, he's pretty much lapped us all.

TT

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
He gets my vote too.  ;D
It's easy to sit in my air conditioned office and transfer a few dollars. Firko and his helpers got out there and did the real work.
God forbid this sort of thing happens to anyone else, but it's good to know there are blokes like you lot out there willing to lend a hand when needed.

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »

I was merely the middleman. ;)

ie The middleman who did a huge amount of 'leg-work' organising things.

firko

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »
Thanks chaps, it's really nice of you to say such nice things but the real "hero" is Noel Clarke. This whole thing isn't about 'Firko the Philantropist', it's all about Noel Clarke and his tragic circumstances and our doing a small something to ease his future burden. As a long time friend of Noel and his family I was shocked to find that there was no formal fundraising in place in his home state. Knowing the Clarkes and their total dedication to our sport, both vintage and modern, and them being just plain good folk, I felt it was appropriate to do something to help. The Show'n'Shine was in the planning stages anyway so it was a natural flow on to combine the Klub Kevlar Show'n'Shine with the fundraiser. The rest is history. If we hadn't have done something, somebody else would have, I'm sure. You guys and gals and your generosity are the real nucleus in this in raising 11.5k (so far). Give yourselves a big pat on the back ;D.

Now.......There are still a few loose ends to fill. Why not have a shot at the great powdwecoating offer made by Triplex Coatings in Brisbane (see for sale section) and  the little Kato SX50 will be on eBay after lunch so if you can, make a bid.