Author Topic: Bad News, Good News.  (Read 2650 times)

mx250

Bad News, Good News.
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:28:13 pm »
Bad News; had my ute stolen and burnt out :'(.

Good News; the only thing of value, my Monty forks, are recoverable 8).

Some of you have seen me old multi coloured 20 yo Navara twin cab fourbie. Nothing too flash about her but she did the job. I called it my 'science experiment'; it had 600,000klms on her and I wanted to see how far it would last. Rego is a week away and I was coming up to 'decision' time again. I was just about to run her down to the garage for the inspection to see how many faults they could pick and what the minimum repairs I was up for.

One of the things I liked about the Beast was it was so nondescript I felt comfortable about leaving it in isolated spots and go Bush walking with me dog. Or so I thought. Came back today and the Beast was gone. They only drove it about 2 kay and went down a side street and burnt it - in front of someone place!!! They rang the firies. The firies were near by doing an exercise and responded exceptionally quickly.

The bottom line is that the front of the cab was burnt out but the rear cab was burnt but not so intensely. The Monty forks survived :).

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: Bad News, Good News.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:03:53 pm »
Thats bad news about your ute I made a big mistake getting rid of my old ute I like'm rough and ready  ;D  and I've seen yours and it had a bit of character about it. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

IT400C

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:15:42 pm »
Must be an old Navara thing - I've got a two-tone (blue & silver) 86 2wd king cab - done 480,000 km...  It got sideswiped by a semi (who claimed he wasn't being an a#sehole and trying to stop me from merging, but "just didn't see me").

The insurance company was going to write it off on purely cosmetic grounds and give me $1500 - there was no way I was going to find as enjoyable a ute for that money, so I had to withdraw the claim...

That old thing just keeps going and going and going....   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 11:40:18 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
They wouldn't have exactly been in stealth mode would they, christ I'm amazed they got it started, with the lpg it was a bit tricky to start IIRC.
Will there be an ad in the Camden Times
WANTED
A Dual cab ute MUST have 500,00 plus k's

Great news about the forks, I bet the Husky will be disappointed ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

mx250

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:53:49 am »
Great news about the forks, I bet the Husky will be disappointed ;D
Yeah, that the other thing I liked about the Beast; put Bella in the back without guilt or compunction.

She loved it. She had worn out the duco with her paws hanging out the window. I don't know about the 500,000 klms but the replacement will be a twin cab and second hand. I've had such a good trouble free run with the Navara I'll probably go Navara again if I can.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:02:28 am »
graham
you visits will not be the same now.will have to pack the parts in the back of the next ute

mx250

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 02:44:38 pm »
The Beast, now......

I'll have to buy more Monty stickers :'(. (You don't think that's why they took it and burnt it; jealousy?).

I would have thought a 'heap of poo' ute like mine, loaded with garden refuge ready to take to the dump, would have been the last car chosen for break, enter, steal, Joy ride (;D) and burn.  (That would make this a blue letter day you can remember - I was wrong ;D :P :-[).

It's a write off :'(.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 06:26:51 pm »
GRAEME
out running thismorning saw a dato duel cab hand camo painted your ute was much better than this one.so they are out there you will get an other

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 06:31:00 pm »
Is that parked on central coast???...Did it get far from home???

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 06:36:51 pm »
Jim, running? you must be gearing up for next year, I should be doing the same.

mx250

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 07:44:10 pm »
When I first saw this damaged last night it intrigued me "How did that happen?".  Looked at it today and realised the only way this damage was done is by jumping on the door with downward force. I other words it was purposeful. Torching the inside to cover finger prints is one thing. These little 'low self esteem' scum licking brain dead bottom feeders were just wanton vandals >:(.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:57 pm »
It looks like they have been reversing and had the door open at the time and hit something which has folded the door backwards.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

mx250

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 01:23:39 pm »
The beast is dead, long live the beast ;D.

The new 'un.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 02:04:41 pm »
She'll be happier now  :P  :P  Merry Christmas  :)

Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 02:27:35 pm »
Yep, she was part of the criteria for a new-to-me ute; I couldn't see me putting her into the back of a $50,000 wet and dirty. But in a $5,000 ute........