Author Topic: Any leg breakers in NZ?  (Read 3158 times)

TooFastTim

Any leg breakers in NZ?
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:02:25 pm »
I have a (ex) friend who owes me a money for a motorcycle he bought from me before I moved here. Question, does anybody know how I can, err, "suggest" to him that it would be a good idea to settle this debt ASAP?

mx250

Re: Any leg breakers in NZ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:13:05 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :-\

MC

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:17:57 pm »
toofasttim

where would you like this achieved? wot town/city?

cheers MC

TooFastTim

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »
MX, is the horror for suggesting "legbreakers" or that the bastard would do such a thing?

MC, he's in Auckland. Te Atutu to be precise.

mx250

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:39:34 pm »
MX, is the horror for suggesting "legbreakers" or that the bastard would do such a thing?
Both. I didn't think 'name and shame' was an appropriate use of the forum ::) :P.

TooFastTim

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »
No name mentioned. I was careful about that. I'm more looking for advice about how to handle this guy. If you'd like me to remove the post (or request Graham to do so) I shan't be offended.

mx250

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:53:54 pm »
No skin off my nose  ;) ;D, one way or the other.

TooFastTim

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:59 pm »
Yeah. Sorry if anybody feels I've abused the forums. In Sarf Effrica it would have been a reasonably simple matter, buy an AK47 at the supermarket and take him out  ::). Nah, there I was sufficiently well connected within the sport to make my "displeasure" known. It's a bit more difficult without that sort of network.

crazyphil

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 07:30:58 pm »
So you effectivley you still own the bike. any money change hands?
I will be North of the Bombays soon. Shall we go and pick it up for you, store it so you can come and ride it here again? Round 2 Mr VMX Taupo 5th December!Then we wash it, strip it, (bring the missus and we will call it hand luggage for 2!) and off you go back to the other island!

sweet as bro!

Hey MC (road trip!) with potential action just like in the 70s!

TooFastTim

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »
So you effectivley you still own the bike. any money change hands?
I will be North of the Bombays soon. Shall we go and pick it up for you, store it so you can come and ride it here again? Round 2 Mr VMX Taupo 5th December!Then we wash it, strip it, (bring the missus and we will call it hand luggage for 2!) and off you go back to the other island!

sweet as bro!

Hey MC (road trip!) with potential action just like in the 70s!

I have received not a cent in 18 months. Bike's a gasser (a pure classic if their ever was one), ex ISDE. I picked it up for song after that event. Shipping the bike and paying duties would be a royal pain. I found that out the hard way. After 18 months I want the cash from the (expletive deleted). There's a few Gassers going cheap here now and it's a good time to strike a bargain. Indeed one shop has been promised a down payment based on promises from said (expletive deleted).

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 07:47:41 pm »
how much you paying , i know a farking beauty when he gets released i will tell him hes got a job  ;D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 08:09:01 pm »
how much you paying , i know a farking beauty when he gets released i will tell him hes got a job  ;D

Return flight s to NZ have never been cheaper too!

TooFastTim

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 08:28:47 pm »
Seems the (expletive deleted)* has the bike on Trademe (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dirt-bikes/auction-252146675.htm). It's a start I suppose.

I had a look at debt collectors in Auckland but I'm not sure how close to the (legal) wind they sail. Anybody know?

*Can you tell I'm a Terry Pratchett fan?

crazyphil

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 08:39:40 pm »
debt collectors charge a good fee up to 25% in some cases usually around 10-15% though, did any money change hands at the start of this ? can you prove ownership, receipts etc?
I suggest a legal letter pointing out it has been seen on Trade me and there is money owing on it from your solictor for start. I think you should report it chassis numbers etc to cops and let them pick it up for you!

Just some thoughts.

ianscr250

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 04:37:16 pm »
first of inform trademe that the bike is not owned by the seller
second ring the local police within the district and inform them that the bike has not been sold as moneies are still owed and im sure they will drop by for a visit