Author Topic: PE400. Frame wanted  (Read 2068 times)

Quicksilver

PE400. Frame wanted
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:41:22 am »
Looking for PE400 frame, must have compliance plate for rego. 

Can offer cash, or trade.

I have Suzuki frames, RM125A, C frame's, PE250 with compliance plate. Happy any of trade these if needed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:40:22 pm by Quicksilver »

Quicksilver

Re: PE400. DRZ. RM.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:00:12 am »
Some of the swap bits I have. PE250 frame in good nick.  If anyone would like pix of the RM frames post request here and I will load some up.

Probably wont be using the PE guards, lights and speedo. Yet to be decided.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:38:18 pm by Quicksilver »

Quicksilver

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:19:53 pm »
I had a few emails asking me why I need a frame when the I have one. I see a need to make it clear why I need a replacement frame.

The problem is my bike's frame is its stamped PE250 and has 250 ID plate but is powered with PE400 engine. The NSW RTA won't allow rego on the bike like that. Because the 400 engine is greater then 15% power increase over the 250 engine originally fitted in my frame they say I need an engineer cert for the bike. I explained the 250 and 400 frame are identical frames in construction and that the engines will interchage without modification. Cos this reasoning was not good enough for RTA. ::)

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »
Still need a frame with tag. Happy to buy and pay decent price, or can swap. There must be one out their in our big wide land... :)

Quicksilver

PE400 FRAME
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 01:36:33 pm »
Have forks sorted. Just need that 400 frame.  ;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: PE400. Frame wanted
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »
Got the frame, but it's missing it's compliance plate, doh!
Cheers,
K

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 05:19:23 pm »
if the rego people are smart enough they will be able to look up and see that that PE400 frame number originally was a complianced plate model but the compliance plate has been lost/fallen off. if you go through the right chanels they should direct you to the appropriate department that will either tell you what the original compliance plate number was, in the case of the PE its the frame number, or they will issue you with a new number and request you take the number to a bike shop and the bike shop will be required to make a new compliance plate. i have had to do this for a few bikes before when guys have brought bikes into the country from overseas and are required to have compliance plates fitted and a check list gone through. One instance a guy moved here from UK and brought his 91 model Royal endfield bullet over here and it had to be approved for rego here. I had a check list to go through. All that need doing was a red reflector on the rear fender and then i was required to make a compliance plate. All i did was stamp the number that the owner was given by the rego department onto a flat bit of alloy and then pop rivet it to the frame and that passed as a compliance plate and all was ok when he took it back to the rego inspectors and he was then issued a south australian plate.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Quicksilver

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »
if the rego people are smart enough

There is the problem mate. ;D

I have made inquiries. I am told if I jump enough hoops I might get a frame with no compliance through the blue slip. It is not the NSW RTA thats the problem its the mechanic that does the blue slips here in town. The one and only person that does them I might add. If at all possible I would rather have a frame with a tag and avoid the hassle. The way things are going I might not have any other choice but try it on with a tag-less frame, take pot luck, see how it goes.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:50 am »
If the frame number comes up as being registered previously it won't be a problem without a compliance plate, at least that's here in Vic.
Cheers,
K

Quicksilver

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 12:34:02 pm »
Frame sorted.. Thanks,  ;D ;D