Author Topic: Several bikes for sale  (Read 5564 times)

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Several bikes for sale
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »
I have put up a few of my vintage bikes for sale on Livewire, along with a couple of modern road bikes.As our Pacific peso is poor it might be worth a look to you Ozzies. Selling to fund New rally car!
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Several bikes for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:19:50 pm »
come on Asasin, to fund a bloody rally car-you'll be back-I went to rallying in the 90's. It cost me more for one set of tyres than I spend in a whole year on the Wasp!
When you pop the fuel cap on the sidecar at the end of the days racing and you still have 1/2 a tank-that's racing.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 04:33:46 pm »
Asasin can you post the link, would be handy for us lasy bums
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 04:42:19 pm »
Ok I'm going to claim 'dumb' been googling Livewire, got music, polka band etc.  Can you give us a link please, well me a link (like a missing link)
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline searbs

• C-Grade
  • Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:51:08 pm »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 05:49:39 pm »
pictures/ mx or gs
 Maico 250 1985 water cooled $3500

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 06:17:24 pm »
Thanks for the link i am a bit technically retarded in those things. The maico is ? GS i think Im not sure if it was converted from a MX one or not.Can send photo ,email me : [email protected]
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »
You are correct EML they are bloody expensive to run, looking at  a evo 6 just club level stuff. I have rallied on and off since the late 80s got a 323 at present but want to upgrade. i still have a good selection of VMX bikes to ride these are just the ones not used.
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 10:34:14 am »
OK Asasin, I'll give it to you straight just one time. You want to go rallying but what you really want is to have some sideways fun, am I right?. So now you have a 323 and the g/box is looking at you with a grin on it's face saying--go on -just try me.
Now, if you want real sideways fun, but cheap-get close and I'll whisper-GET AN MOTOCROSS SIDECAR!!!
Lots of sideways fun, you can be the driver or the navigator, the wife and kids can have a go--and its cheap as chips.
Give me a call and we'll get you set up.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:16 pm »
Going sidways 2 up without a roll cage !!!!! Large nuts required upstairs and down ;D Would probably have a side car though but there is none racing in NZ ,My wife wants me to buy a circut sidecar unit for her and I to use :o
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

trailietrash

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 08:29:38 pm »
If you google....  livewire nz    you won't be swamped with polka bands etc...

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 10:23:20 am »
Well Asasin, we hope to make ammends and bring some chairs to NZ for a show, got a bit on the plate at the mo so might not be for a while unless we can find a sponsor.
What part of unzud are you at, so we can include you? 

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:36 pm »
Bay of Plenty , but travel all north island , so bring em on!! ;D
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline sudman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 08:08:36 pm »
Chairs in NZ? now that would be cool 8)  I have always wanted to have ago on one, John keep the ATK & just add a wheel on
PE175T,RM175T,C & J XL350 73,C&J XL350 75

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:46 pm »
Being born a Kiwi I have always wanted to take chairs home to my birthland and have always wondered why NZ and SA have not been invoved with them.
We have been able to take on the whole world in all types of normal and abstract sports, so why not sidecar cross??
I have a strong belief that a kiwi team could be as good as any in the world and I am willing to try to train one for such success.
To that end I am looking to bring a container of sidecars over for some exhibition events to see if enough interest came be garnered.
However there are some hurdles to overcome, we need to get enough sidecars into that container- at least a dozen.
We need to do enough events in NZ to get the whole country to get a chance to see them- Auckland, Taupo,Christchurch over two weeks, three weekends.
We need some assistance to do all this, an event sponsor or a motorcycling body to support us.
Then we need to get either a dozen VMX or modern teams to venture over to strut their stuff!!
Lots of organisation and lots of support- but certainly do-able.
My time at the moment is tied up in getting to Broadford next Easter and then to England in August to do some races there.
After that I aim to have th sidecar spectacular in Qld in 2011
After that NZ will be on the platter and also maybe SA, so lets all work towards that