Author Topic: New guy from US.  (Read 1159 times)

dr.jon

New guy from US.
« on: November 04, 2009, 05:27:13 am »
I'm excited to be here, very few forums have a true screening process anymore and its a privlage to be a part of this family.

I've had many toys throughout the years and recently went through a dry spell of not having anything to tinker with.  I just got my hands on a late 60's suzuki K15 hillbilly and I forgot how good for the soul having a hobby really is.

I install mobile electronics for a living at a big box chain here in the states and I love motorsports of all kinds. I can't think of much else to say but don't hesitate to shoot a messgae if you have anyquestions.
Cheers

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: New guy from US.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:52:58 pm »
Good to have you on board DR.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:57:59 pm »
 Welcome dr.jon. The states - been there few times .Its a big Country .What corner are you from ?

Cheers

Moto

dr.jon

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:00:54 pm »
I live in the north west in Portland, OR    Its amazing here, I've been in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Arizona and now here and it is by far the best place I've lived.  I'm anxious to travel abroad and try out some new countries too but that tends to cost a bit more than just state hopping.

mainline

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:30:26 pm »
g'day there Jon, welcome aboard. I have no idea what a suzuki hillbilly looks like but it sounds interesting ;D .I'm imagining a bike with bad teeth? You'll have to load some pics up when you get a chance.

If you want to travel, you'll have to book some annual leave in June and head over to Queensalnd for the next Classic Dirt event. The current issue of VMX magazine has a write-up on the last event, and I'm sure there'd be a loaner bike available over here if the Hillbilly can't get through customs.

Cheers