Author Topic: VCM Stony Creek - Photos  (Read 3754 times)

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
VCM Stony Creek - Photos
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:07 pm »

A fantastic days racing for the final round of the VCM series held at Stony Creek yesterday.
Well done to VCM and the Leongatha club. Hats off to the Boag family for hosting the event.

http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss141/vmx-photo/

mx250

Re: VCM Stony Creek - Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 06:26:00 am »
Same old same old ;D. Same old bikes, same old dirt, same old fun 8).

Fantastic shots, some of the best I've seen - captured the day, the scenery, the bikes and the action.

Great track, have to put that onto the 'bucket list' ;) :D.

Look like a bunch of serious race bikes well restored and a bunch of serious racers riding well 8).

Offline PB

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »
Fantastic day is an understatement. Unreal track, best grass track i have ever been to. Great weather, great fun racing with no stress.

For those that didn't make it. YOU MISSED A GREAT MEETING. Just look at the photos.

I will definatly be there next year.

PB

mx250

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:03:58 pm »
From time to time there is lamented concerns expressed here about the future of VMX and attendances at meetings. This is such a good track and these are such good photos someone should try to get some of them into one of the dirt bike mags such as ADB. Shots like this should stir some interest amongst mainstream MX'ers and with hoarders with an eligible bike or two in shed.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:18 pm »
Fantastic day is an understatement. Unreal track, best grass track i have ever been to. Great weather, great fun racing with no stress

For those that didn't make it. YOU MISSED A GREAT MEETING.

I know I know , next year.

Good job once again Yamatragic.I think maybe you should keep those boots hung up and become Mexico's official VMX photographer!

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 10:44:57 pm »
Poof boy was flying, he really got his head around the track while I struggled getting my head around the 103 off camber, half way down hill corners! Stein got a handle on the track and was riding the spanish 125 snack food (BulTACO) really well and took out the pre'75 125 class on the day & overall. It seems I prefer an MX track with berms, bumps & ruts to bounce off. The day went off without a hitch and they're a good bunch of blokes, beats gardening any day. Next time Poof boy can take his own fuel!
Cheers,
K

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:41 pm »
Fantastic day is an understatement. Unreal track, best grass track i have ever been to. Great weather, great fun racing with no stress

For those that didn't make it. YOU MISSED A GREAT MEETING.

I know I know , next year.

Good job once again Yamatragic.I think maybe you should keep those boots hung up and become Mexico's official VMX photographer!

Motomaniac, as much as I enjoy taking a few pic's, the real fun seemed to be out on the track! Time will tell I guess.

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 09:48:49 pm »
Yamatragic, Thanks for taking the effort to take the photo's, superb shots.
I had a fun day riding the Bulty's, the track was awesome, perhaps one off camber corner short of being perfect.
Parked next to Big K & Poof Boy, They kept me entertained all day.
Big K said the KTM did not turn or stop, Poof boy rode the bike & commented the brakes were ok and the steering was a little odd, fun day.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:55:53 pm by pigmy »

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 09:59:47 pm »
Yamatragic, Thanks for taking the effort to take the photo's, superb shots.
I had a fun day riding the Bulty's, the track was awesome, perhaps one off camber corner short of being perfect.
Parked next to Big K & Poof Boy, They keep me entertained all day.
Big K said the KTM did not turn or stop, Poof boy rode the bike & commented the brakes were ok and the steering was a little odd, fun day.

Sounds like a comic... Poof boy and Big K..
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »
Great shots mark i missed this event again i'm not going to miss it next season that track looks sweet . Luv that big uphill .It rivals some of the NZ tracks that DJ has posted up .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 08:05:23 am »
In the off season/new year it would be great to try organise a viper/vcm fun day or 2.. Maybe we could organise something with blue rock and maybe monza park(opposite ends of the world) to have some fun.A grass track would be great but probably hard to find a venue. No racing, just a get together and ride.. The one we attended at wonthaggi a couple of years ago was a blast..
Maico's, the only way to go.